Boat care

To get skung off of the hull I use Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, the gel type, not foam. I buy it at the Dollar Store for a few bucks. Wet the hull spray on the Lysol and give it a scrub. I tried every concoction to get the Lake Erie skung off and strait Lysol works best. Armour All for all vinyl. Spray 9 for any mildew build up before Armour All. My interior seats on my 94' StarCraft is white and it's still white. 

My father in law asked a tech at a Marina/boat repair shop after his boat got messed up from dock rash what he used to get any hard water off of it, CLR diluted with water is what he was told.

I recently bought a 16' side console myself and it had pretty good buildup on the hull. I used ¾ water to ¼ CLR and sprayed it on, everything came off great with a little soft scouring pad scrub

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

To get skung off of the hull I use Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, the gel type, not foam. I buy it at the Dollar Store for a few bucks. Wet the hull spray on the Lysol and give it a scrub. I tried every concoction to get the Lake Erie skung off and strait Lysol works best. Armour All for all vinyl. Spray 9 for any mildew build up before Armour All. My interior seats on my 94' StarCraft is white and it's still white. 

Hey Johnny, you used Lysol on an aluminum boat?? I know it works great on white gelcoat glass boats but I’d worry about aluminum. Not sure the paint or decals would stand up to the strength of toilet bowl cleaners. I could be 100% wrong though too!

17 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Hey Johnny, you used Lysol on an aluminum boat?? I know it works great on white gelcoat glass boats but I’d worry about aluminum. Not sure the paint or decals would stand up to the strength of toilet bowl cleaners. I could be 100% wrong though too!

I've used it for 10 years my Peach King friend, no problems. It's what my marina guys use. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker