Sometimes I get carried away...NF

lew

I bought a new DEWALT table saw awhile back and the old stand was getting kinda rickety so I built a new one.

Then I decided it looked kinda bland so what's a fella to do with a bland stand ??....well, paint it to match the saw.

Yeah, I have LOTS of spare time now that I no longer fish LOL

006.JPG

009.JPG

• Like 6

Yeah, the stand won't look new for very long, I'm always doing something with the saw.

As for the colour match, I just went to the local Home Hardware and got a DEWALT drill off the shelf and took it to the paint dept where they can scan pretty well any item and match the colour almost exact.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sinker said:

Too clean. How do you do that? I can't keep mine straight at all. Too much $h!T in there! 

S. 

I often spend more time in the garage than in the house Shane, gotta keep it clean & organized LOL

008_1.jpg

39 minutes ago, lew said:

I often spend more time in the garage than in the house Shane, gotta keep it clean & organized LOL

008_1.jpg

Somethings missing. I just cant put my fishing fingers on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6 hours ago, Toronto_Angler said:

Why did you quit fishing? Always loved your muskie reports

Basically I just tired of it, I started fishing waaay  back around 1950 and spent a crazy amount of time doing it. We had a trailer in the Kawarthas (Lakefield) for 36 years & for the last 9 years we've lived just north of there and it seemed like I was almost living in my boat sometimes and a couple years ago I started to get bored with it.

The last couple years the only fishing I did was a week in June on Nippising and then 2 more in August and the rest of the time the boat sat getting dusty in the garage.  I still get offers to join friends in their boats but the interest just isn't there anymore.

I sold everything including my boat and the funny thing is I don't miss it at all.

There's still a small group of us go to Nip every June but nobody brings their boats either.

Edited by lew

Excellent work big guy. That garage/shop is ridiculous. My wife will never see a pic of it. I can hear her now, "Why can't your stuff look like that?" How much do you want for one of them there tables? My go to tools are Dewalt.  

As far as fishing here on Erie at least 3 times a week , a few trips north spring and fall and for me golfing 75 rounds a year too. I just don't have the drive as I did just a few years ago. Plus a few crushed vertebrae in my back and arthritis in my spine I can't take any bumps in the boat now. I am surprised I don't miss it as much as I once did.  I'm good for maybe 30 casts off the back here and that's about it before I need my Tens machine. Grrrrr. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

16 hours ago, lew said:

Basically I just tired of it, I started fishing waaay  back around 1950 and spent a crazy amount of time doing it. We had a trailer in the Kawarthas (Lakefield) for 36 years & for the last 9 years we've lived just north of there and it seemed like I was almost living in my boat sometimes and a couple years ago I started to get bored with it.

The last couple years the only fishing I did was a week in June on Nippising and then 2 more in August and the rest of the time the boat sat getting dusty in the garage.  I still get offers to join friends in their boats but the interest just isn't there anymore.

I sold everything including my boat and the funny thing is I don't miss it at all.

There's still a small group of us go to Nip every June but nobody brings their boats either.

Ahh makes sense. Good to see it was on your own terms and you are doing what you enjoy! Ive been on this board a long time and while I dont post as much as others I do read and I have always enjoyed your knowledge and insights!

On 6/29/2019 at 3:40 AM, lew said:

Sorry Lew, I know its not my place or anything, but this story makes me feel sad! I sold my boat in 2012 and we also gave up the trailer in the park. I didn't get another boat until 2017, but I never lost the desire. Today, I am into it more than ever! I really missed those 4 or 5 years.

A similar thing to what happened to you, happened to my Buddy about 17 years ago. He just quit fishing all together. We used to fish a couple of times a week-end and he was really into it. Then, he just quit. I never really understood that situation either.

Your shop is to die for! So nice and being able to keep a boat and truck hooked together inside is amazing. I made a mental note to never let you see the inside of my shop......way to embarrassed! lol I did notice the man door near the front in "Fire Exit" red!

Glad you are enjoying life and all it's rewards Lew. That is most important!

23 hours ago, Rattletrap2 said:

Sorry Lew, I know its not my place or anything, but this story makes me feel sad!

Don't feel sad for me Brian, it's what I wanted to do and don't miss it at all. The fella that bought my boat and alot of my gear owns the camp we still go to every June & August and I went out with him once or twice after he got it and I honestly didn't even really enjoy it anymore.

Funny how things change in our lives.