N/F OhioFisherman

Hello all. disappeared due to a sudden hospital stay and I am now in an extended stay rehab - nursing home facility for an unknown period of time. Trying to learn to use a lap top computer, new deal for me and a bit different than my trusty desktop. Hope everyone is well and  fishing!

• Like 1

I have the same disease Paul.  Have not fished for 7 yrs. because of it. Power wheelchair with me in it weighs about 400 lbs. I will never fish again. MS is nasty..

Hopefully you get out of hospital. Everywhere here  is wheelchair accessible thankfully.

MS is very progressive

Not fishing much but I will post a trip report soon. I never really thought about how many people are on here that no longer fish but still want to be a part of the community. ..

4 hours ago, ehg said:

I have the same disease Paul.  

Best wishes to you too Eric, both you & Paul have been more than inspirational over all these years with how well you've handled this disease and I don't ever remember either one of you actually whining about the hand you were dealt.

Lots of folks whine about every ache or pain but not you two.

Edited by lew
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, lew said:

I don't ever remember either one of you actually whining about the hand you were dealt.

Lots of folks whine about every ache or pain but not you two.

Being from Hamilton everyone would talk about "tough guys." This guy paddy stacked 5 guys outside a bar, that guy can bench 500 pounds, that guy did 10 years standing on his head," on and on. A tough guy is someone like Paul. Dealt a bad hand in life and doesn't miss a beat. Never complains and inspires others. I know many real deal "tough guys and gals." And I know guys that had to go home early from work because they had the sniffles.  

Nobody really expects what age and disease will do to many of us. All I can say is keep fighting. I know its not easy, But what's the alternative???  I'm not into sitting back and waiting for death to win. No matter how many times you fall, fight back. There's still lots of life to enjoy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...