Espanola? Any one local?

brkygetr

Welcome to summer all!!! (well sort-of)

Heading up with a buddy and his young lad to the Espanola area for a few days mid July. Have a few lakes I am looking at but having a devil of a time finding any real reports of the fishing (which I suppose is good). Our plan is to target Wally's and possibly trek in for a brookie or 2 if the logistics of the lakes work out. My buddies kid is just old enough to come with us so this isn't going to be hard core adventure. But we do intend to camp out the lake somewhere.

Anyways if anyone is local and would like to trade some info let me know and I will give ya my shortlist and see what your thoughts are.

Cheers

Well we have pretty much decided that we are going to try Moose Lake. this is one area of the province I have never fished so its pretty much a hail mary as to where we go. Looking at it though seems like it should be worth a put around. Anyone been?

I know nothing about the area but you should contact Pete Leduc on Facebook, he's a fly fishing guru of the Sudbury area and can point you in the right direction. Pike, bass and brook trout are his targets of choice being a fly guy but I'm sure he has the where, when and how for walleye too