Mrs. Moose

lew

Hi Boyz, we're up on the West Arm of Nippising for our annual trip

We're 2 miles in off the hwy and there's always plenty of  critters and always good to see them. Sunday we had 2 moose on the road right in front of us and then this morning while on my daily 4 mile walk I came on this big girl just off the road. She wasn't the least bit concerned with me being there and just went on with eating her breakfast.

Thought you might enjoy the pictures.

025.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

you must mix some running in on your walk to get away from the bugs!

Bug are actually the best I've ever seen up here, we,re outside all day and into the evening and not bothered at all. Deer flies are usually brutal here but  I haven't had a single one on me this week.

And I have no idea why the font changed LOL

She seems to have a scowl on her face similar to a renowned member here. Are you up at Maskinonge Lodge Lew? We went up for my 60th and Tich bought me a Musky charter with Danny ??? Can't remember his last name at this moment. That happens a lot lately. I had caught a total of 1 Tiger back in 83'. Now I have 4 under my belt. Nothing big but big enough for me. 

Dan Columby, that's the man. He sure knows his esox. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

44 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

I’m blown away by your bug report lew

in pointe au baril they are the worst I’ve seen them in 16 years

I can't see how those little critters can be as  bad as the very 1st time I ever fished there. We were on a small lake just east of 69 bordering the Rez. The 1st time I had to wear a face net to eat dinner, inside the cottage. One beautiful area though.  

• 2 weeks later...