Southern Ontario Bass Fishing

seanmcd13

Hello everyone, I recently moved to Toronto from Winnipeg for the summer. I'm an avid bass fisherman and have been doing my research but would love some input from everyone.

Does anyone have suggestions on bass fishing locations within a couple hours of Toronto that are accessible to fish from shore?

Thank you!

Edited by seanmcd13

If you can get your hands on a canoe or kayak.. Pretty much every lake of decent size in this province will hold bass.  Just pick one and giver! 

I can't help you with the shore fishing spots though..

Welcome on Ontario! 

• Like 1

Fish the shore along the north shore of Lake Erie in Haldimand County. PM me and I will give you a few good spots. It was only last week I watched the males move along the shoreline looking for a good spot to make a bed. This is very late. They should have already had little Smallies by now on their nests, very late. 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:06 PM, David Chong said:

Lots of access points in the Kawarthas for shore fishing but there is some pretty good bass fishing on the Toronto Islands, Grenadier Pond in High Park etc. in the city

Do you mind let me know which side of Toronto Island you’re fishing ? do you know any boat ramp around?

My friend hasn't fished their in years but he said he use to catch bass at the park right at Kipling and Lakeshore. I don't know how good the fishing is as I haven't been there. Checkout a map for the Port Hope area. There are some good bass spots there according to one of my friends. Like a lot of others said. A lot of small lakes in the Kawartha lakes areas.

• 2 weeks later...