Mikisew provincial park

huzzsaba

Anyone been to Mikisew provincial park?  I was a little late booking sites for camping this season and Mikisew seemed to be the only decent choice remaining for August long weekend.  My main concern is mosquitoes but hopefully by the mosquitoes should be less??? Asking because we are camping with 2 families with small children and want to be prepared just in case.

Any other tips regarding this park would be appreciated. Same for fishing related tips or advice.

Thanks

Been to Mikisew Provincial Park a couple times a few years ago! Beautiful park on a great lake. The fishing on Eagle Lake is pretty good for walleye & smallmouth bass! Focus around the islands, check out Eagle lake on the Navionics Chartviewer to scout out potential fishing spots.

Screenshot (51).png

I have fished this lake my entire life, never actually laid eyes on a Walleye, but have heard of the odd one. What wasn't mentioned was the Northern Pike population that has flourished over the last number of years. They are not native to the lake. The Smallmouth are popular and the lake is full of Rainbow Smelt, Yellow Perch and Burbot. There are even a few Brook Trout and Lake Whitefish. 

Sorry for the delay in replying and thanking for the replies. Havent been getting a chance to visit OFC as of late.  I must be extra busy with work lol.  

Kevers, Walleye would be a bonus, but any fish on the end of the line is great!  thanks for your reply.

David Chong, will definitely pay attention to the area close to the island.  Thanks!