Eyes and Pike!?

Musky Plug

Hey guys, 

The GF and I are heading up this weekend to visit her dad for Father’s Day and hoping to get some fishing in. He’s on a lake connected to Glouster Pool on the lower end. Would like to try for walleye and pike in the Gpool but haven’t been able to find any good info. Should we fish Gpool or would we be better off fishing Little Lake? Any info would be helpful. Thanks. 

Better off fishing Gbay if 'eyes are what you're after.   That being said, fish GPool, you should do ok on pike, although everything is a few weeks behind.   I've caught walleyes on GPool but they are few and far between.   It's not known as a walleye lake.

I wouldn't target walleye on the pool. Not many in there, ive never caught one and im there multiple times a year. Pike I do well on. Although i was skunked on May 24, only made it out for a few hours that weekend. Everything was so behind then (weed growth, water temps..) 

5 minutes ago, Dan668 said:

I wouldn't target walleye on the pool. Not many in there, ive never caught one and im there multiple times a year. Pike I do well on. Although i was skunked on May 24, only made it out for a few hours that weekend. Everything was so behind then (weed growth, water temps..) 

They definitely aren't where they're supposed to be!!  lol   

Following...I like fishing GPool too. I was on Lake Muskoka over the weekend looking for pike. Almost skunked.. weeds were sparse and was not sure what to do ..I think I will try GPool as well in the next week or two..

19 hours ago, BillM said:

Better off fishing Gbay if 'eyes are what you're after.   That being said, fish GPool, you should do ok on pike, although everything is a few weeks behind.   I've caught walleyes on GPool but they are few and far between.   It's not known as a walleye lake.

15 hours ago, Dan668 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me. What about Tea Lake near Gpool? Has anyone fished it? Found some old forum posts from different forums claiming there to be walleye. 

1 hour ago, BillM said:

I've caught small ones in there.  No numbers however.   Seriously, GBay right now is rocking out of Severn for 'eyes.   That's where I'd go if that was my fish of choice.

Beauty thanks. I looked up that area of Severn Sound on navionics, I've never fished there and looks like a big area. We will be there from Sat morning to Sun morning, was thinking it might be to much ground to cover in a day. 

Following this thread...What is the channel are you referring too? Are you referring to the  Severn locks? I'm out of a kayak so trying to cover Severn sound is a lot of peddling for me! I have not targeted walleye for a while and maybe consider GBay as well but can only go so far in my craft!

skdds

20 hours ago, skdds said:

Following this thread...What is the channel are you referring too? Are you referring to the  Severn locks? I'm out of a kayak so trying to cover Severn sound is a lot of peddling for me! I have not targeted walleye for a while and maybe consider GBay as well but can only go so far in my craft!

skdds

I was wondering the same thing.