Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, 

The GF and I are heading up this weekend to visit her dad for Father’s Day and hoping to get some fishing in. He’s on a lake connected to Glouster Pool on the lower end. Would like to try for walleye and pike in the Gpool but haven’t been able to find any good info. Should we fish Gpool or would we be better off fishing Little Lake? Any info would be helpful. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see lots of spots where Walleye may reside. study the maps available on line to find the spots where walleye are usually found.

 

image.thumb.png.426b02734348db4793dc11676f864770.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better off fishing Gbay if 'eyes are what you're after.   That being said, fish GPool, you should do ok on pike, although everything is a few weeks behind.   I've caught walleyes on GPool but they are few and far between.   It's not known as a walleye lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't target walleye on the pool. Not many in there, ive never caught one and im there multiple times a year. Pike I do well on. Although i was skunked on May 24, only made it out for a few hours that weekend. Everything was so behind then (weed growth, water temps..) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dan668 said:

I wouldn't target walleye on the pool. Not many in there, ive never caught one and im there multiple times a year. Pike I do well on. Although i was skunked on May 24, only made it out for a few hours that weekend. Everything was so behind then (weed growth, water temps..) 

 

They definitely aren't where they're supposed to be!!  lol   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following...I like fishing GPool too. I was on Lake Muskoka over the weekend looking for pike. Almost skunked.. weeds were sparse and was not sure what to do ..I think I will try GPool as well in the next week or two..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weed growth is way behind on GPool so far this year.   I've found some new growth but it's very sparse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, BillM said:

Better off fishing Gbay if 'eyes are what you're after.   That being said, fish GPool, you should do ok on pike, although everything is a few weeks behind.   I've caught walleyes on GPool but they are few and far between.   It's not known as a walleye lake.

 

15 hours ago, Dan668 said:

I wouldn't target walleye on the pool. Not many in there, ive never caught one and im there multiple times a year. Pike I do well on. Although i was skunked on May 24, only made it out for a few hours that weekend. Everything was so behind then (weed growth, water temps..) 

 

Thanks everyone for the replies. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me. What about Tea Lake near Gpool? Has anyone fished it? Found some old forum posts from different forums claiming there to be walleye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've caught small ones in there.  No numbers however.   Seriously, GBay right now is rocking out of Severn for 'eyes.   That's where I'd go if that was my fish of choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillM said:

I've caught small ones in there.  No numbers however.   Seriously, GBay right now is rocking out of Severn for 'eyes.   That's where I'd go if that was my fish of choice.

Beauty thanks. I looked up that area of Severn Sound on navionics, I've never fished there and looks like a big area. We will be there from Sat morning to Sun morning, was thinking it might be to much ground to cover in a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following this thread...What is the channel are you referring too? Are you referring to the  Severn locks? I'm out of a kayak so trying to cover Severn sound is a lot of peddling for me! I have not targeted walleye for a while and maybe consider GBay as well but can only go so far in my craft!

skdds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, skdds said:

Following this thread...What is the channel are you referring too? Are you referring to the  Severn locks? I'm out of a kayak so trying to cover Severn sound is a lot of peddling for me! I have not targeted walleye for a while and maybe consider GBay as well but can only go so far in my craft!

skdds

I was wondering the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see the 'channel' from the 400 as you cross over it.  I hope you boys can figure it out from here, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've fished G-Pool & Little quite a bit and have only run into the odd walleye and only in G-Pool! Pike fishing is pretty good on both bodies of water! As others have stated G-Bay is a better choice if you're looking for "Eyes"! Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...