Check your lifejackets

5 hours ago, Rattletrap2 said:

Sorry, I guess I used the words "Register" and "License" interchangeably. I see from the article that there is a difference.

No need to apologize, it's often used interchangeably so I thought is was worth pointing out. Tight lines!

Does anyone know what the actual rules are regarding inflatable PFD's and replacing the arming kits? I have seen where it is written that the bobbins should be replaced every three years, but I could not find it in the actual Safe Boating Guide. I think mine have a 2016 date on them. If they never go off, I can't see why the CO2 cartridge would have to be replaced. The bobbins might be another story, but they come as a kit for about $30.00.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Rattletrap2 said:

Does anyone know what the actual rules are regarding inflatable PFD's and replacing the arming kits? I have seen where it is written that the bobbins should be replaced every three years, but I could not find it in the actual Safe Boating Guide. I think mine have a 2016 date on them. If they never go off, I can't see why the CO2 cartridge would have to be replaced. The bobbins might be another story, but they come as a kit for about $30.00.

Thanks

I looked for a while, only thing I could find was replace in accordance with manufacturers recommendation.

9 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

Speaking of inflatable pfds, I recently learned that they must be worn and not just in the boat. A member in another forum was just given a warning by a CO.

Cheers

he's lucky he got a warning and not a hefty fine!!!!!