Tackle Depot - The Canadian Tackle Warehouse.

Hello All,

I am probably breaking some forum rules and I do apologize for that, but I wanted to share a newly launched website Tackle Depot.

Tackle Depot is the Canadian version of Tackle Warehouse. This means cheap shipping and competitive rates.
They also have an affiliate program that pays out 2.5-5% for all referred users for life.

I thought some of you might benefit from this and I wanted to share this. Full disclaimer I am involved with the project.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Any plan to actually maintain as extensive of stock as TW? Understanding that you guys are just starting out. Just noticing that you currently have somewhat limited selection of JDM tackle

We are open to stocking anything depending on interest. The best way is to reach out through our contact form and I will make sure it gets in front of the right people.

I've also made a discount code just for this forums: ONTARIOFISHINGCOMMUNITY which will save anyone 10% on their purchase.

• Like 4

Thank you for sharing.   I understand volume is tough to compete with (I own a startup also) so it's great to see things are close to big box pricing. It's the terminal tackle pricing that really hurts at retail and it seems those prices are a bit higher on this site. I typically shop at SAIL or Al Flahrety's so I don't mind a buck or two variance on a bag of plastics or a Rapala but I hate paying the these types of prices on terminal tackle. On that note, some lure making materials would be really great to have a domestic source for. 

I will definitely be sending you guys a list of stuff that I believe there would be a demand for.

so far I’m impressed with the pricing on a lot of the baits and tackle. Directly in line with any competition, but here you get a discount plus save the gas money of driving to the store. I think they would struggle to be as competitive with the northern tinner trolling crowd’s wants and needs, but there is an absolutely huge opportunity to capitalize on the modern bass fisherman market. There’s only a few stores that carry stock of this stuff up here, and even then they definitely struggle to maintain consistent stock. That’s the ultimate challenge, trying not to run out of immensely popular baits like evergreen jackhammers and jackal rhythm waves etc. lots of places claim to sell this stuff, but anytime you go to a place like sail they are sold out. 

Thats what will float or sink this company, if the pricing is at least competitive and in line with what it should be, maintaining stock will make or break tackle depot. I’m excited that there is another player in the market, I think you guys might clean up big time if you can pull it off.

Edited by AKRISONER

Thanks for the feedback and thank you for those who have ordered. 3 people from the forums have made purchases with the coupon!

We've been trying to get Mega Bass as well as some other lines, but some of the products are dealer exclusive and won't export to Canada unless orders of $20,000 are made. We are trying to find work arounds.

If anyone is interested in a Rapala Walleye Team Issue 1 PC - Casting Rod. I've got two that I will sell for 50% off and free shipping with code WALLEYEROD just for this forums. You need to go through this link: https://buff.ly/2X8Ueyl

Edited by Spazzer

On 6/2/2019 at 8:31 AM, Spazzer said:

We've been trying to get Mega Bass as well as some other lines, but some of the products are dealer exclusive and won't export to Canada unless orders of $20,000 are made. We are trying to find work arounds.

If you guys create an online shop with these dealer exclusive brands (like tacklewarehouse), you will have a monopoly and that market will be your bread and butter. Remember your market...online shopping, tech savy...trying to beat Canadian Tire is  impossible, furthermore the OG legends that are trolling in a tinner are not going to shop with you guys, The bass guys dropping $30 a lure and buying $40+ a spool fluorocarbon  are where the money is at...were all still shopping at tacklewarehouse because its the only place we can consistently get what we need!

Go where the money and competitive edge is! Especially because I am sure the margins on cheap tackle are ridiculously competitive.

Edited by AKRISONER

When does the musky gear come in? How about local tackle builders? I didn't find anything that interested me, and I'm sure there are others like me. No offense, and I will be back, but at this time I didn't make a purchase. 

S. 

Edited by Sinker

9 minutes ago, misfish said:

I find CTC is grossly over priced for EVERYTHING fishing related.

they are indeed, sail typically always has better pricing on pretty much everything...however the problem with sail is that they are also very commonly sold out of the niche products and brands. Hence why both TJames and I both asked them to try and carry those high end bass brands that are so difficult to get in canada. Right now we are still forced to order through tackle warehouse because stocking numbers are always iffy here in canada. JPro has been the only place to consistently have stock but its also a drive to markham that id much rather not make.

38 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

they are indeed, sail typically always has better pricing on pretty much everything...however the problem with sail is that they are also very commonly sold out of the niche products and brands. Hence why both TJames and I both asked them to try and carry those high end bass brands that are so difficult to get in canada. Right now we are still forced to order through tackle warehouse because stocking numbers are always iffy here in canada. JPro has been the only place to consistently have stock but its also a drive to markham that id much rather not make.

When I need a bunch of stuff,I will drive down to Sail. I like the store. Wish they would open one up here. They are missing out. Cabelas fly section has gone the way of the doddo bird now here. They are closing it out. And the trip down there is not a waste of gas,as I get my Asian food supplies . And fill up on steam buns.:D

1 hour ago, Spazzer said:

Out of curiosity what Mega Bass products are most of you interested in?

Vision 110’s

trick darters 

3 inch haze dongs

sonic sides

pop max

giant dog x

s crank 

robin blade

Edited by AKRISONER

22 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Vision 110’s

trick darters 

3 inch haze dongs

sonic sides

pop max

giant dog x

s crank 

robin blade

Thank you. We are looking into several of these.

For those interested here is a little inside information: Tackle Depot is doing BOGO sale for Berkley Powerbait The General 24 hours sale starting 9am EST tomorrow. https://buff.ly/2In0KeC

Edited by Spazzer

On 6/5/2019 at 6:46 AM, Garnet said:

And Sail turn lights on.

We have another great store here but the lights are barely on. 

I tend to shop at my local shops. I will pay an extra buck or two just for the customer service.  Theres just something about walking into the local tackle shop and shooting the bull. The ones I deal with will get in anything I want if I ask for it, too. 

S. 

Just placed my first order.  Online shopping cart worked well (added stuff, deleted stuff, left the checkout to make a change and then went back to it and everything was still there, etc).  Used coupon  code  ONTARIOFISHINGCOMMUNITY  and got the 10% off.  Then got an email that I got a small shipping refund due to my order being small and light.  NICE!  :)

I too like to shop local and support local as much as possible ... and I still will on certain items.  Just depends on the item since my local shop sometimes doesn't have what I'm looking for.