Them Raptors.... NF

captpierre

This is a great thing for kids as well as the game of Basketball. There is a future generation of Canadian players out there that will be positively affected by this historic win. Kids can play and all they need is a 20 buck ball and a hoop on a pole. I know there are plenty of OFCers here that have spent many thousands of Loonies putting their kids through hockey. I have more than a few friends that had very talented kids playing hockey. Before they went to the next level the parents were interviewed and told what the financial burden would be. Before the kid hit the ice if it wasn't in the family budget the kid wasn't given a tryout. I don't know if it's the same today. There are many kids that would have been NHLers in Canada and other countries that will never have even learned to skate because they can not afford it. Basketball is affordable to those that are underprivileged, like I said a ball and a basket is all they need. And it's huge for the NBA that wants to go internationally. I'm happy for the fans, real and bandwagoners. That parade was insane. The fanaticism leading up to the championship and post win celebrations for the Jays when they 2 peted the World Series wins didn't come close to the fervor we have seen in the last month. Good to see. Enjoy. 

I remember when lotteries were going to help fund sports for kids, wheelchair ramps and such. That's how the 'evil' lottery was sold to us. Then shortly after starting the $ all went into the same place our other tax dollars go. Nowhere. Would have been a great thing to set up a way to help pay for kids playing hockey and other sports.