Them Raptors.... NF

captpierre

At halftime I was thinking , CRAP, they are going back to Milwaukee and will probably lose the series, Superman Kawhi Leonard came through yet again, that guy is by far the best player on any team so far in any of the playoff series, definitely a front runner for MVP. 

Followed Basket Ball closely when I played in High School. Not since. I have seen 1 game live when they had their rookie season and haven't seen more than 1/4 since. I always said they should just make the score 85 all and play the last 5 minutes that takes about 25 mins to play.  I'll check in on the score and watch the last 5 minutes. Hope they win, we can use a big win for Canada even though I don't think there is a single Canuck on the hardwood and it's great for the die hards, Raptor fans can be rabid. I bet many of the players couldn't find Toronto on a map before they landed there, still might not. 

i don't mind admitting that i'm just jumping on the bandwagon. it was fun and it is meaningful to the player and the fans and that kind of sports event is always exciting to get involved in. It's great that we play lots of organized basketball in school in Canada, i think it makes it easier for people to pick up the game and get deeper into it as you watch. 

actually wish the MLS would get rid of the playoffs in North American soccer so the regular season games would matter like in English football. that would get us another entertaining product from MLSE.

anyway, great game very entertaining and i'll be on the wagon for Game 1. Gotta say that bringing in Lieweicki for a bit really seemed to kick start things a few years ago for MLSE. He hired Ujiri, Shanahan and Michael Bradley and Sebastian Giovinco on the football side. 

• Like 1

notice the start times for the games?

Having the Raptors in the final is like having the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup final. The NBA is hoping for some west coast viewership with the later start times.

Go Raptors!

Edited by chris.brock

glad this happened for this city...couldnt rely on the friggin leafs to do anything.

In the grand scheme of things this is bigger than hockey anyways. You think americans dont care about the raptors...imagine how little they care about the leafs lol

18 hours ago, chris.brock said:

notice the start times for the games?

Having the Raptors in the final is like having the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup final. The NBA is hoping for some west coast viewership with the later start times.

Go Raptors!

wow 96, i remember that. 

i wish they'd go every other day. 18 days to play a 7 game series 

Been a huge fan of the Raptors since their inception 24 years ago! Kawhi Leonard, whether he stays or goes has helped them make history and hoping they can beat the Golden State Warriors. They beat them twice in the regular season but this is the playoffs! If they can play defence as they did against Milwaukee then they definitely have a good chance, VanVleet, Ibaka & Powell need to keep producing off the bench and Danny Green needs to find his shot! #WeTheNorth #LetsGoRaptors

Toronto Raptors-028.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mikeh said:

Tough loss, if they made some of the shots near the end of the game ,it would be 2-0.

They really need Lowry taking some 3 pointers at the end of the game.

Their FG% was abysmal in game 2.

If they hit half of the shots they missed they would have won by 20 points or more.

• Like 1

GS is good...im glad the raptors are hanging with them. Their D is keeping it close and giving them an opportunity to win every night. Hopefully the series goes long. Win or lose I am loving watching this happen and what its doing for the city.

I still say it every game, "i cant believe this is finally happening during my life time" Now if only the leafs could do it too...man its a fun ride, and I think we have all already won watching them get this far.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

GS is good...im glad the raptors are hanging with them. Their D is keeping it close and giving them an opportunity to win every night. Hopefully the series goes long. Win or lose I am loving watching this happen and what its doing for the city.

I still say it every game, "i cant believe this is finally happening during my life time" Now if only the leafs could do it too...man its a fun ride, and I think we have all already won watching them get this far.

My favorite Toronto sports moment in my life so far was the Jays winning their first world series.

I was at the dome with my buddy and 35,000 of our closest friends watching the game on the jumbotron.

We then went to Young Street and joined in the best street party ever. :)

11 hours ago, Rizzo said:

if Durant and Klay stay out Raps might do it in 5....but I don't see that happening. If its just Klay back I still like Raps odds, but if KD comes back, itll be tough

Kd isn’t coming back. He was supposed to be back games 1-2-3 and 4 and still isn’t back. It’s all mind games not allowing Nick nurse to adjust his rotations at practice due to not knowing whether Durant will play or not.

even if he does come back, and same goes with Thompson at this point, they are going to be in rough shape. Both have bad strains, which if you’ve ever pulled a hammy, a calf or a groin...good luck

you want to play NBA finals caliber basketball like that? Good luck