Weather cooler next 2 wks.

captpierre

What else is new. 1st year I'm not ably to troll a line or swing a club. Everyone tells me I'm not missing out because neither can they because of the weather. Winds and thunderstorms on Erie are evil and courses aren't letting carts out, too wet, still. Heavy storms last night and today.

22 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

My son and crew were out trying to get the grass cut today, he got a sun burn ( 86 degrees ) and got hit by about 15 drops of rain, 30 miles away? Severe storms and power outages.

Wow, not even close to that here. Today was nice, but maybe 68 to 70. Quite a bit of sun too!

i personally cannot remember such a wet cool spring in my entire life in Ontario.

In Pointe Au Baril I can probably count the number of days that havent had rain since the beginning of April on one hand. Guys talking about weed growth, there is virtually none at all in Pointe Au Baril. Very small spots of weed growth in some areas, but areas that are traditionally choked out are barren. The high water has pushed it even further. Heck our water temps are still in the low 50's and its basically June. The panfish havent even come up shallow yet. Lake feels somewhat like a barren waste land with random spurts of good fishing, but then totally off days where the lake goes back into early spring mode. Heck I was catching incidental OOS smallies in 32 FOW last Thursday...Last time I checked thats a little deep for smallies to be spawning...

oh...and the best part about the cold and wet...the blackflies, holy cow it is nexttttt level this year up in pointe au baril. Wearing a bug net I still have to take a moment at times to run away from what im doing so that I can regain my vision. My dog isnt a big fan of it either.

Edited by AKRISONER

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

i personally cannot remember such a wet cool spring in my entire life in Ontario.

In Pointe Au Baril I can probably count the number of days that havent had rain since the beginning of April on one hand. Guys talking about weed growth, there is virtually none at all in Pointe Au Baril. Very small spots of weed growth in some areas, but areas that are traditionally choked out are barren. The high water has pushed it even further. Heck our water temps are still in the low 50's and its basically June. The panfish havent even come up shallow yet. Lake feels somewhat like a barren waste land with random spurts of good fishing, but then totally off days where the lake goes back into early spring mode. Heck I was catching incidental OOS smallies in 32 FOW last Thursday...Last time I checked thats a little deep for smallies to be spawning...

oh...and the best part about the cold and wet...the blackflies, holy cow it is nexttttt level this year up in pointe au baril. Wearing a bug net I still have to take a moment at times to run away from what im doing so that I can regain my vision. My dog isnt a big fan of it either.

As wet as this spring has been it should make it a special year for the mosquitoes too!

19 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

As wet as this spring has been it should make it a special year for the mosquitoes too!

Ugh, Ohio please check in with us when you get a chance. Woke up to some absolutely terrible news from your neck of the woods.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Ugh, Ohio please check in with us when you get a chance. Woke up to some absolutely terrible news from your neck of the woods.

5 million without power.

Hope all is good for you Paul.

I am alive! at least I think so? With MS there is a 50/50 chance I could sleep through anything! As near as I can tell from a very brief look at the news the severe weather was around Dayton Ohio, that is a long distance away  from me, much closer to Whopper's area, hope he is OK, but thanks for your concern!

3 minutes ago, misfish said:

I dont recall exact location,but he is closer to lake Erie. Did not see any signs up in that area.

Yep, 25 miles due south of Lake Erie, the highway at the end of my road ( state route 83 ) ends at Lake Erie, about a mile from where I used to live in Avon Lake.  Another round of severe storms possible for today though, so far everything has missed us!

4 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

Yep, 25 miles due south of Lake Erie, the highway at the end of my road ( state route 83 ) ends at Lake Erie, about a mile from where I used to live in Avon Lake.  Another round of severe storms possible for today though, so far everything has missed us!

I knew you were close to the lake. Good to hear from you. Hope Whopper is good as well.

• Like 1

This weather sure is messing up things for me. I can't use my cottage because I need to get a new septic system put in. It was suppose to be done last November but the ground froze up faster than normal. Now it is too wet in the fields for the guys truck to bring the old septic tank to the proper place. I could  alway get a Johnny on the spot and put it beside my new neighbours place lol

• Sad 1

Cando, I can't picture trying to drive a backhoe across the ground here, my son was able to get most of our grass cut over the weekend, but he said in some parts it was like driving over a wet sponge. It poured again yesterday so hard my rain gutters were overflowing, and the ten day forecast here is showing more rain for 7 of the next 10 days.

Hope you get some dry weather!

On 5/31/2019 at 10:05 AM, OhioFisherman said:

Cando, I can't picture trying to drive a backhoe across the ground here, my son was able to get most of our grass cut over the weekend, but he said in some parts it was like driving over a wet sponge. It poured again yesterday so hard my rain gutters were overflowing, and the ten day forecast here is showing more rain for 7 of the next 10 days.

Hope you get some dry weather!

Thanks OhioFisherman. The bottom part of my property is like walking on a sponge. I seen all the severe weather out in your neck of the woods I hope that the tornado threats have ended out there. It would be scary being there with the tornados in the dead of night and not being able to see them. Last I seen was 14 straight days where tornadoes hit your state and the states all around you.

5 hours ago, Cando said:

Thanks OhioFisherman. The bottom part of my property is like walking on a sponge. I seen all the severe weather out in your neck of the woods I hope that the tornado threats have ended out there. It would be scary being there with the tornados in the dead of night and not being able to see them. Last I seen was 14 straight days where tornadoes hit your state and the states all around you.

LOL, I live in a rural area and have a septic system also, digging a hole for a new one now would be more like digging a pond, as thunder is booming in the background!

Luckily all the bad storms have missed my area so far, LOL I am severely disabled, by the time I could make it into my basement I might be in Oz!

On 6/1/2019 at 9:22 PM, OhioFisherman said:

LOL, I live in a rural area and have a septic system also, digging a hole for a new one now would be more like digging a pond, as thunder is booming in the background!

Luckily all the bad storms have missed my area so far, LOL I am severely disabled, by the time I could make it into my basement I might be in Oz!

lol I am confined to a wheelchair so I know the issues of getting to a basement. I can't build a basement at the cottage. even if we had a drought I'd only get a few feet and I'd have an indoor pool lol

• Like 1