Bridgenorth access?

Sketty55

So now that there fishing from the causeway is no longer allowed, are there any public access areas for the general public? It's too bad people had to abuse their privilege by leaving all their garbage behind. Is Bridgenorth sports and marine still open for business, their site is no longer up. 

Bridgenorth Sports is definitely still open! It is definitely sad that actions of a few have ruined opportunities for the many! As a youth my family & I spent many days fishing on the causeway and by the bridge! In fact my first 4 lbs.+ was caught there! We always took out our garbage and well as garbage left by others!

Edited by David Chong

Yes, Frank's shop "Bridgenorth Sports" is still open and going strong.  I was in chatting with him last week.  Not sure why his website is down.

If only looking at Bridgenorth, people sometimes fish from shore at Chemong Park.  You can see it if you Google Map the town.  It's not far from the Causeway on the Bridgenorth side.

As mentioned by Akrisoner, going 10+ min from town takes you to Gannon Narrows.  I drive that bridge every day.  There is safe parking on the side road (on Anchor Bay Rd, by the mailboxes on the Buckhorn side of the bridge).  You can also fish from shore (on the Pigeon Lake side) since that is park land (it's marked with a new sign or two).

People also fish from shore in downtown Lakefield, just a short walk from the lock, as well fish at the damn in Buckhorn (when the date has passed that it is open .. because it's a fish sanctuary, so it has a different opening date for Walleye).

Edited by KawarthaAngler