Stuck in mud. NF

glen

I got my jimmy stuck in the mud.  It’s hung up on the skid plate 

there are trees to hook onto.  I tried a come along.  But it would not move it at all. I’m thinking about jacking it up and putting trees in the ruts then I need some thing to pull with.  The mud is 12” deep.  

How much force does a load binder screw type.  Have.  

What else will pull.  

Thanks for any ideas.  

Some of those load binders are very strong, you may need a piece of pipe to use as a handle extension to get the full strength. Most of the load binders I have seen as a former truck driver have a limited range of travel, it may be a long process using one for that purpose, you also have to be very careful of chain or cable breakage.  Got a friend with a pickup? is the whole area mud? You don't want 2 stuck trucks.

Thanks.  

once it’s free from the hole it’s in it might not high side again. I wouldn’t risk another truck.  Firmer drowns is 60’ away. 

The load binder I’m looking at is over 9000#. Might be nice to have. Brake it loose wthat the binder and come along after that. 

when I had a Jeep, I'd always meant to make boards for the times snow and mud was iffy. Basically was thinking of maybe four lengths of 2x12x4 (or 5) with hex head machine screws for something for the rubber to grab. Screws would go through the board and the business end would stick out maybe 1/2" or so, again for sticktion.

Good luck with the retrieval.

2 hours ago, nlpaintballer said:

A 3-5 ton chainfall. Pulled the fully loaded sander out of a ditch this year. Slow but it will do the job.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Big-Red-5-Ton-Chain-Hoist-TR9050/100594513

That seems a better option to me than a load binder, he will still need a lot of chain, and it may only move it 10 feet or so at a time?

Just another thought here but any chance there's any off road clubs around the area ?

Those guys are always getting bogged down but they have winches on their trucks and they may be able to get you out.

• Like 1

My brother drove it out while I pulled it with a tractor and we got it out ion firm ground.  

The ground had a bit of crust to it and once you started to spin the ruts went down over 12”.  Just as I got it out it started to rain again.

I’m going to look at the chain  fall

THANK YOU    For your offers of help. 

7 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

If he sings it backwards,  he gets his wife, truck and dog back.! 

You home alone Albert? LOL

Glad it all worked out for ya Glen. Did ya get the bear?

Edited by misfish

20 hours ago, glen said:

My brother drove it out while I pulled it with a tractor and we got it out ion firm ground.  

The ground had a bit of crust to it and once you started to spin the ruts went down over 12”.  Just as I got it out it started to rain again.

I’m going to look at the chain  fall

THANK YOU    For your offers of help. 

Glen, if you have it out you might want to take it to an auto wash that can clean the bottom so you can inspect it for any damage?