Rising gas prices

ketchenany

7 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I don't know what is going on around here in Haldimand county. Gas was $1.31 on Monday and today the same Pioneer is $1.24???? Filled up yesterday for $1.08. You know where and I don't care. Better in my jeans than the Govs.  

Always cheaper here, in Niagara they have to compete with over the border and Haldimand has to compete with the Res, sales were dropping off too much so they drop it.

59$ a barrel today for Texas crude. It was up to 66 dollars a few weeks ago when the prices went up at the pumps. Has anyone noticed the price come down now that it's under 60$ NOT. The Oil companies continue to gouge us. I have said it before, they are conditioning us to pay 1.30 ( 3+$ american) for oil that is under 60 dollars. We should be paying no more than 1.00 at the pump for a 59 dollar barrel.

SOBS

21 hours ago, Rattletrap2 said:

Lol I can’t wait to join your club! Lol

Me too.

I just hope I can afford it. :unsure:

Don't want to be stuck in my cabin not being able to do anything because the price of gas is higher than diamonds or gold!!! ?

Capture.thumb.JPG.6bd02152baad1718406d5fe075d509c2.JPG

Edited by DRIFTER_016

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked gasbuddy.com and from what I could see the average currently here in K-W is ~$1.14/L with the Costco price being $1.09/L, that's not as bad as small town Newfoundland back in October, Was checking google street view today of the town my mom is from & back in October it was $1.34/L (134.3) there.

if you want to know the real scam, check out oil prices...oil is trading at some of the lowest levels we have seen since 2003, however we are paying some of the highest gas prices we have ever seen in Canada.

Just another day living in canada where we are accustomed to over paying for everything.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

if you want to know the real scam, check out oil prices...oil is trading at some of the lowest levels we have seen since 2003, however we are paying some of the highest gas prices we have ever seen in Canada.

Just another day living in canada where we are accustomed to over paying for everything.

Yup....  The price per barrel should be reflected at the pumps..  It's definitely not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Back before I retired in 2008 the Loonie was actually for a while  worth more than the US dollar, it being at 75 cents not does help.

Edited by dave524

On 5/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

Me too.

I just hope I can afford it. :unsure:

Don't want to be stuck in my cabin not being able to do anything because the price of gas is higher than diamonds or gold!!! ?

Capture.thumb.JPG.6bd02152baad1718406d5fe075d509c2.JPG

Drifter, I'm at 392 days, 42 min, 28 sec......but hey, who is counting? lol

AHHH   yes   Retirement is great,

I put in 38 years in Stelco, Hilton  Works,  Machine Shop.

Twelve years ago,

Now I get paid via pension plan not to come in anymore,  

Life is a gift and every day I am thankful for my wonderful wife, Dianne,  and family.

Retired 11 years ago here after 31 year's in the steel industry, in,  where else, Hamilton. Last few years I was one of the 2 slitter operators, got me off weekends and 12 hours shifts, no 12 hour nights was treat. Along the way I operated a crane for around 15 years then quality control for a 10 year spell making it to lead hand and waste water treatment technician for a bit, then the slitter.  Retire and save gas, we went to one vehicle and that is a 2006 just about to turn 90,000 km. ?

On 6/19/2019 at 5:34 PM, lew said:

My countdown to retirement ended 19 years ago and I've loved every minute of the last nearly 2 decades

I remember when you retired Lew. I could not believe you were able to do it so young, but of course you had put in your time and paid your dues. I'm glad that the past 19 years have been decent for you. I know there were some serious bumps in the road along the way to say the least, but overall, it has been good.

• Like 1

Thanks Brian, nice of you to say that.

I was able to retire from the Fire Dept. when I was 53 and fortunately Diane and I have stayed healthy (touch wood) and have really enjoyed life.

Married 53 years this coming October and life just keeps getting better.