boat latches

AKRISONER

hey guys,

I have a broken latch on the rear deck on my boat. Ive been trying to look around online and I cannot seem to find anyone in canada that sells deck latches. Everywhere is sourced out of the states, and amazon has one for sale for 70 dollars...that cant be right for one latch?!

Does anyone know where I could find them, a store would be preferable, somewhere along the 400 is even more ideal!

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

hey guys,

I have a broken latch on the rear deck on my boat. Ive been trying to look around online and I cannot seem to find anyone in canada that sells deck latches. Everywhere is sourced out of the states, and amazon has one for sale for 70 dollars...that cant be right for one latch?!

Does anyone know where I could find them, a store would be preferable, somewhere along the 400 is even more ideal!

Boat Latches | Marine Latches | Latches for Boat Doors

Catches & Latches | West Marine

Some of them do seem awfully high priced, especially if you want to match the latch.

Just thinking that if boat builders are like car builders you might need an exact match for it to work properly?

Edited by OhioFisherman

12 hours ago, Garnet said:

Most boat latch are TH Marine, they are a large distributor.

Any marina can order from them not sure about private guys.

I think Pro J tackle are a TH Marine see  

I believe you can order right off their website these days. 

19 hours ago, Garnet said:

Most boat latch are TH Marine, they are a large distributor.

Any marina can order from them not sure about private guys.

I think Pro J tackle are a TH Marine see  

You are right Garnet, Pro J is a TH Marine dealer depending on the latch and how many you need, they could order them in.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:08 PM, AKRISONER said:

hey guys,

Hey bud, most of this kind of hardware is made by one or two manufacturers (Perko comes to mind).  If you can find the brand and model number, call Marine Outfitters in Kingston.  They should be able to order it and they have reasonable prices.

If they're perko or southco latches, they aren't cheap at all. If they are lockable, they are even more. $70.00 honestly doesn't sound that far out of the ranges I have seen in the past. I am assuming these are stainless latches and not plastic ones.