Muskie Opener

Squid

17 hours ago, Sinker said:

I priced a new yammy at Dewilt in PTBO and they were off their rockers. I went to  Tuckers and dealt with them instead. 

S. 

I just got a second quote and its the same ballpark of 2500 dollars. I am struggling with why it is so expensive a part.

6 hours ago, Squid said:

thanks Sinker. It is a 1999  115 HP 2 stroke mercury optimax. I need to get to the boat and take some pictures of the engine serial number and the part number of the power trim.

Yeah, i will need the serial number. I can still ask around though. 

1 hour ago, mikeh said:

Ever consider upgrading the motor a few years, look for a 2010 and up. Do you know the value on the 1999$$

I know this has nothing to do with musky opener

that might be the next option. the motor is not worth more than 3 grand and I am paying 2500 for a power trim??? Doesn't sit right.

I think I'd be considering an upgrade. That part is going to cost you no matter what route you go. Its actually ridiculous. I'm not sure I could stomach paying that for such a simple thing.  It might be worth talking to some hydraulic shops. They can sometimes get the same sized parts and install them for much less money. 

S. 

42 minutes ago, Sinker said:

It might be worth talking to some hydraulic shops. They can sometimes get the same sized parts and install them for much less money. 

This here makes the best sense. If not Pete,buy another motor. Hell, buy a whole new rig. Toons are the fashion these days. :devil:

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got the boat back yesterday.  I decided that ,after weeks of searching for a way around going new or paying those USD price, new was the way to go. Actually cost under 2K to buy new and have them install it. Very happy to be back in business and will be hunting those toothy critters in short order. Thanks for all of the ideas on replacing the old one. Much appreciated.

• Like 1