What would you do?

jimmer

44 minutes ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Now i get it....white bucket dudes.

Call for sure

I didn't read that at all in the post.  But hell, I would have called no matter the race if it wasn't right and I SEEN it.  

In fact on the weekend I did call MNR on guys in Lindsay catching and keeping carp for a group photo then tossing them back in, dead, floating past me...  Those same guys were fined the night before too I was told (the guys I called about) after I called the MNR.  The woman on the tips line even told me so.    

Like I said, I watched them for a little bit over that period and didn't see them poaching.  It was my neighbour who said they were keeping bass. I was speculating (maybe I shouldn't do that) that they were keeping over their limit of pan fish by fishing the same spot for at least 7 days in a row. I didn't want to make this a racial thing, because race doesn't make someone a poacher. So, GBW, you're saying you actually got to speak to someone at the MNR?

6 hours ago, jimmer said:

So, GBW, you're saying you actually got to speak to someone at the MNR?

Yup, the toll free number on the back of my fishing license and someone does pick up. 

Now, I didn't speak to the CO but the woman I spoke to said they those people dressed in the same attire were charged the night before.  

Edited by GBW

13 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I cant believe someone gets to fish 10 hours a day 7 days in a row! I won't get in 70 hours the entire summer!

I can't believe it either, and it's not an exaggeration. It bothered the neighbour more than me because they looked like they were tied to his dock.  This is the second year that this boat was doing this.  For me to get out into the lake, I had to drive within 10 feet of them.

Edited by jimmer

11 hours ago, irishfield said:

Next time a CO stops to check you for a licence, ask him for a business card. I haven't met one yet that wasn't willing to do so, and/or gave me their personal cell phone number.

That has been my experience here too Wayne, years ago I came home from work and my neighbor told me that a hunter walking the railroad tracks had shot something in my back field and came onto my property to get it. I am not anti hunting, but I am anti trespassing to hunt. I called the area fish and game official and gave him the vehicle license number of the suspect, he contacted him and warned him about trespassing and returned my call and sent me his business card, and told me any more issues? just call. Haven't had a problem since.