Overnight trip with small kids?

Sketty55

Hi all. Need some advice. I've been a bass fisherman my whole life and the last time i've kept any fish was over ten years ago. This winter my 8 year old son has repeatedly asked me to take him fishing this summer and asked if we could stay overnight and cook the fish. These are his only requirements. I'm looking forward to it but i need some advice or suggestions with a boat rental, and a cottage\resort that's kid friendly. Anyone do a similar trip in recent years. I'm located in the GTA and willing to travel for about 2hrs. 

Since, I'm asking for advice, i'll also share some. I took my kids to island lake conservation area last summer, loaded their lines with worms and bobbers, and the sunfish didn't disappoint. Great place for the kids! The small piers provided a safety barrier for the kids and also gave them a better vantage point to keep an eye on their lines. 

Thanks

I'd focus on a smaller Kawartha lake with the kiddos, lots of good fishing and I'm sure finding a family friendly resort is only a google search away.  Personally, my favourite camping within two hours of the GTA is the moon river area.

https://moonrivercottages.com/

Bill will set you up right; always has a reliable boat on hand - not sure if he does pontoons.

Good luck

Used to rent boats for the day from Muskie Bay on Rice Lake all the time. Nice boats too, not just 14' with 9.9hp. Price used to be really good.  Haven't been there in quite a few years though. There are a lot of places on Rice that rent boats. Perfect lake for a day trip. Easy drive and good bass fishing. Plenty of panfish too.

Southview Cottages was another place on Rice that I used to go.

I have also done day trips to Pigeon Lake. Really, any of the Kawartha lakes would be perfect.

Not sure about staying overnight at the cottages for 1 night though. That might be harder to find.

A bit more then 2 hours... but well equipped cottages and very fairly priced, beach, park area, pet friendly and boat rentals as well... decent fishing too boot.

Google, hyatts glenhaven resort. Rob and Louise are top notch hosts. So much so infact we are thinking of putting our trailer there for the next couple of seasons!

Awesome suggestions, thanks so much guys. I have done quite a bit of google searching but it's always better to get some recommendations rather than relying on pictures and descriptions from the resorts website.