Wollaston lake?

Gerritt

Just purchased a new travel trailer and have plans to hit up wollaston lake with it to work out any bugs that may arise... hows the fishing on this lake? Can i expect it to be productive?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Dave, i have never targeted lakers so that may be an option, I understand there are pickeral in the lake as well.... happen to know if it has decent numbers?  Looking to perhaps have fish fry one of the nights i am there.

Thanks again

Thank you my friend, heading up for a week over may 2-4 weekend... gonna bring up the canoe, sounds like i can keep the kids busy with panfish and try for some toothy critters when evening falls.

have a buddy with a place in coe hill

Id be bass fishing if I were you once it opens. Most of these lakes just dont see any pressure on the bass fisheries at all. Kinda old school mentality, fish to eat and not for the sport. A lot like the parry sound district, people fish walleye and pike, no one really seems to target the bass populations unless they are from out of town. Makes for some damn good fishing though!

we have a friend with a cottage on the lake and I've fished it a few times. only had luck with bass. nice lake though, and boat traffic wasn't too bad - mostly water skiers/tubers in the middle of the lake.

9 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

have a buddy with a place in coe hill

Id be bass fishing if I were you once it opens. Most of these lakes just dont see any pressure on the bass fisheries at all. Kinda old school mentality, fish to eat and not for the sport. A lot like the parry sound district, people fish walleye and pike, no one really seems to target the bass populations unless they are from out of town. Makes for some damn good fishing though!

Thank you! I'll be sure to hit it up for bass once the season opens... its about hour from me, so not far at all. It'll be a sport once my son gets a rod in his hand.... mostly me dodging his lure! He's 4 and this will be his first real time out fishing.... hoping my daughter catches the bug as well!

4 hours ago, davis said:

we have a friend with a cottage on the lake and I've fished it a few times. only had luck with bass. nice lake though, and boat traffic wasn't too bad - mostly water skiers/tubers in the middle of the lake.

Thanks for the info! We won't be targeting bass, but will be once the season opens hopefully for a couple of days... we will be staying at Bear Ridge, supposed to be an awesome park, really looking forward to it!

Thanks guys for the input, I'll let you know how we make out :)

Edited by Gerritt