Stern Saver Transducer Mounts

wkrp

I have used them in two boats. Fibreglass. Used the epoxy the come with to mount them. They work great. No holes in the boat! And you can move the transducer around and redrill into the plastic all you want. 

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

I have used them in two boats. Fibreglass. Used the epoxy the come with to mount them. They work great. No holes in the boat! And you can move the transducer around and redrill into the plastic all you want. 

Like 40 or more years ago I fished a bass tournament with a guy, his boat. Practice day I noticed his depth finder was gone when we were launching, I sold it and I am getting a better one. After a short period on the water the floor of the boat was wet. Dude? we have a problem? He didn't fill the transducer holes, we had to take a couple of sheet metal screws out of his van to plug them.

• Haha 1

I used a piece of 3/4 thick cutting board material that I bought at some plastic shop in 2002 and useda healthy dose of  3M 5200 to affix it to the back of my new Lund SSV as a “stern saver”.  17 years later a friend of mine  still owns that boat and the mounting block is still attached.  I think you’ll be fine!

Maybe but 5200 does not stick well to polypropylene. The stern saver has four large threaded holes you fill with their thick epoxy then tape onto the transom. The glue setting in the threaded hole gives a mechanical bond. It won’t come loose. IMO you can’t go wrong with the Sternsaver. 

Edited by Canuck