New MinnKota Powerdrive V2 pedal

Posted last year my 2007 trolling motor would cut out at more than 1/2 of full speed. Lots of you guys said get a new pedal. Got one off Amazon. Tried it this morning. 

Budda boom!  Runs like a champ. Different design. Hope it lasts.  Thanks everyone for your help 

4A5344EB-9499-4CE4-9768-0ED45F153224.jpeg

Edited by captpierre
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HTHM said:

How much was it and could I get a link please? 

Just search Amazon ca. They changed the connector from the pedal to the motor in 2007,  I believe. From a flat connector to round. I think it was about  $120. A bit more at Bass Pro. 

51 minutes ago, jimmer said:

I'm still pissed at Minn Kota for not making an adapter for this pedal to use on the older models.

Glad it worked out for you though.

i still wonder that if with a little wizardy you could make it work. I mean the wiring between the two units cant really be that different can it?

15 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

i still wonder that if with a little wizardy you could make it work. I mean the wiring between the two units cant really be that different can it?

It probably could be rewired, but I'm not a wizard. LOL

• 3 months later...

It appears that my pedal just bit the dust as well.  Glad you posted this, as the symptoms appear the same.  Not getting full thrust - and now no turns to left or right.

I am debating a new Pedal - or going with Co Pilot.  How as the Pedal run for you, now that you have had it for a while?

4 hours ago, hutch4113 said:

It appears that my pedal just bit the dust as well.  Glad you posted this, as the symptoms appear the same.  Not getting full thrust - and now no turns to left or right.

I am debating a new Pedal - or going with Co Pilot.  How as the Pedal run for you, now that you have had it for a while?

Runs perfect, Hutch.  New pedal seems more robust  

Now wishing I had a hand held remote and more importantly the anchor feature. 

Some new players in the trolling motor market now. I’ll wait and see what happens next year or 2.  I might survive till then. ?

Had this problem a few years ago. Decided it was time to upgrade to Ipilot. WOW!!! SO GLAD I DID!!! It is truly REVOLUTIONARY!

Feels like you have been set free! Can control the Minnkota from anywhere within range. Even the dock! Grandkids LOVE Poppa's "Magic boat!! I can have the little ones in the boat and I can "tell" the boat to turn left/go straight /stop etc. Very entertaining at least for me!

Best option though is the ANCHOR button! Keeps u on spot as long as you have enough power to overcome wind or current.

Mike

On 5/4/2019 at 11:38 AM, captpierre said:

Posted last year my 2007 trolling motor would cut out at more than 1/2 of full speed. Lots of you guys said get a new pedal. Got one off Amazon. Tried it this morning. 

Budda boom!  Runs like a champ. Different design. Hope it lasts.  Thanks everyone for your help 

4A5344EB-9499-4CE4-9768-0ED45F153224.jpeg

Did you have to change your connector from the flat one to the round one?

15 hours ago, captpierre said:

No. Fortunately my V2 had the round connection 

That makes it easy, I hope those pedals are a step up from the older ones.  It sounds like it. Happy fishing!

However, I was kind of hoping to find someone that made the new foot pedal work on one of the older power drives.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, jimmer said:

That makes it easy, I hope those pedals are a step up from the older ones.  It sounds like it. Happy fishing!

However, I was kind of hoping to find someone that made the new foot pedal work on one of the older power drives.

Me too. My V1 pedal is starting to go. I guess if I dont find a used one somewhere I'm outta luck, eh? That really sucks. Time for I-pilot I guess. Better blow the dust out of my wallet.....ouch! 

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

Me too. My V1 pedal is starting to go. I guess if I dont find a used one somewhere I'm outta luck, eh? That really sucks. Time for I-pilot I guess. Better blow the dust out of my wallet.....ouch! 

I'm holding out as long as I can after shopping around.  You're right about the ouch!

I got 3 pedals out in garage all in various states of disassembly...I had the co-piolot on my old 40lbs and added the I-piolot to the 55lbs on my boat currently, not sure i could ever go back to a foot pedal lol

21 hours ago, 206 said:

I got 3 pedals out in garage all in various states of disassembly...I had the co-piolot on my old 40lbs and added the I-piolot to the 55lbs on my boat currently, not sure i could ever go back to a foot pedal lol

So, are they compatible with the older power drives? I don't think they are.

Edited by jimmer