My Speck creek was off coloured today

Speckyguy

Management strategy for this little creek is to remove the browns to lessen competition for the brookies. It is a small creek with fantastic brook trout habitat and gets electofished with browns being removed to a brown trout river. It is a tiny creek and I am pretty sure is very under utilized. So while I would probably never keep them out of a brown trout creek I have no issues removing them from this particular creek.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Speckyguy said:

This creek is less than 3 feet wide a is full of blow downs. As soon as the water comes down round about July/s,   I'll start fly fishing again

I have not been out up here. Crap weather and river and creeks unfishable.  I hope I can get a throw or 2 in on Sunday

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Speckyguy said:

Management strategy for this little creek is to remove the browns to lessen competition for the brookies. It is a small creek with fantastic brook trout habitat and gets electofished with browns being removed to a brown trout river. It is a tiny creek and I am pretty sure is very under utilized. So while I would probably never keep them out of a brown trout creek I have no issues removing them from this particular creek.

Appreciate the insight :)   Would be nice for the levels to drop around here, I feel like tossing some streamers!

• Like 1