I like free

misfish

My buddy went and bought one of those fancy pantsy Nepolians,so asked if I wanted his old one.

I like free. Lost a knob on my travels,but I can get a replacement I am sure. Puts out 60,000 BTU. So he says. Even came with a rotisserie.

DSCF4689.thumb.JPG.49dca53e853c4cb1429d7185acb297ff.JPG

Edited by misfish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have fired it up and cleaned it. The right one looks like it may need to be replaced, but all in all,works pretty good. All blue flame,no orange. Buying burners is cheaper then a new BBQ.

Edited by misfish

1 hour ago, ketchenany said:

I’ve had Centro since 2008! Burners are fine only replaced the shields once.  this year need to replace the brackets that hold them, easy fix.

CT “donated “ the biggest they made. :) 

Bought the same when I retired in 2008 as well, burners are good but need  3 tent heat diffusers for this season,  Lowes has some one size fits all for 10 bucks each. Mine has an extra knob for an infrared rotisserie burner mounted on the back, does great but you need to put a drip tray under the chickens or whatever is on the spit or it makes a heck of a mess , good score. The battery lighter don't work after a few seasons but that isn't a problem.

3 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Bought the same when I retired in 2008 as well, burners are good but need  3 tent heat diffusers for this season,  Lowes has some one size fits all for 10 bucks each. Mine has an extra knob for an infrared rotisserie burner mounted on the back, does great but you need to put a drip tray under the chickens or whatever is on the spit or it makes a heck of a mess , good score. The battery lighter don't work after a few seasons but that isn't a problem.

You may have the same unit as me (6800). 4 burners  and side grill . . .Yes one igniter went last year,  have to look into that. 

when I use rotisserie I put a pan filled haft with water and it does  it. No mess at all.

Going to tear it apart and inspect  everything when it get warm great unit.

Well my neighbours got an old Weber cast aluminum one, it's been outside for at least 15 years and still going strong.  mines a real Broil King and a bit discoloured but will probably last me a long while yet.  I despise those tin can models, you see more on the side of the road in spring than garbage.

Brian, those are  tough units. My 6800 is also a 2008 year.  Yes, I cover it and under a gazebo, but outside, it does get wet and snowed on. I have (me bad) left it on two times. Mine is natural gas it ran, sad to say. But no damage done.  I always run it on low for a short time after cooking, burns the grills of any residue, scrape it clean and shut it off. the first time I left it on nearly killed me. CT has changed vendors but CENTRO is still alive. 

One thing I do when it reaches temperature I brush the hot grills with a mixture of olive oil and vinegar. It flares up for a second and flavours the meat. BTW I use a celery stem with leaves or parsley for a brush. 

use it well my friend, it will last a long time.