Hds gen 2 GPS updates

Steve Piggott

Last Gen 2 update listed on Lowrance website is V4.0 from Feb 2015 for non-touch & V6.0 from August 2016 for Gen 2 touch.  Mine has the latest update and it's still working fine.  Did you have a very old software installed maybe?

21 minutes ago, Steve Piggott said:

Just stop working  last week. They have an update  for both touch and non touch

Where do you find these updates?  They're not listed on the Lowrance site.  Units are still working today as well....

11 minutes ago, Steve Piggott said:

The updates were posted April 12 2019 . Google lowrance update.  You download the update on to a chip and then put the chip in your unit and then turn your unit on you will automatically update

That release referenced on April 12 is the V6.0.54.2 which was released in 2016.  If you didn't already have it, you may have problems but it took care of the GPS Rollover problem already.    You can read more here:

http://www.oceannavigator.com/Web-Exclusives-2019/Lowrance-Simrad-and-B-G-Announce-Products-Will-Not-Be-Affected-By-GPS-Week-Rollover/

Edited by G.mech

1 hour ago, G.mech said:

That release referenced on April 12 is the V6.0.54.2 which was released in 2016.  If you didn't already have it, you may have problems but it took care of the GPS Rollover problem already.    You can read more here:

http://www.oceannavigator.com/Web-Exclusives-2019/Lowrance-Simrad-and-B-G-Announce-Products-Will-Not-Be-Affected-By-GPS-Week-Rollover/

It  a patch for the GPS released  April 12 not a update for anyone having problems 

Ill have to power mine up today and see if the GPS still works on my Gen 2. Thanks for the heads up! Would of been pissed if i went out to Gbay for the opener and it didnt work. Remember seeing the issue on bbcboards. But forgot about it until now. 

Did find this when I was digging a bit more into this topic....It does explain the problem and gives you links to the update/patch but it seems to be the same software version so I'm not sure what's up or why they would do a patch/update with the same version numbers.  Anyway, I guess I'm lucky, my gen 2 unit is still working fine but maybe others are not.  Sorry to @Steve Piggott for being a non-believer....:

https://assetbank.navico.com/assetbank-navico/assetfile/36949.pdf?_cldee=bWF0dEB3aW50cm9uZWxlY3Ryb25pY3MuY29t&recipientid=contact-f8932a0cf2dbe61180fd5065f38b41f1-33b189b57e95458b8196daebaf1ba929&esid=7b207d7d-1861-e911-a97c-000d3a33085c