2 stroke oil vs healthcare

AKRISONER

Was down in South Carolina this past week and decided to stock up on some oil for the outboard for this year. Last year I paid $58 a jug for quicksilver (TC-W30) approved oil.

Other option is Mercury's oil, yamalube (if you can find it) or Amsoil. All typically over $60. I think there was a dealer in Huntsville that was selling cases last year for $48 a jug of mercury if I can remember correctly.

Anywho, headed to walmart and got pennzoil XLF for $17 a jug! I get it, we have healthcare in Canada, so yes we can expect to pay more for things, but some stuff we are just getting totally fleeced on. I dont care about taxation etc, that is just a straight up rip off!

Edited by AKRISONER

Really? first off GST is 13%, is this all a taxation issue? It doesn't sound like it at all.

It's wrong to put this all on healthcare. Basically as a country we pay less for healthcare and get much more for what we pay for on average then the US. So, you can pay with taxes or pay more later. When is the last time you heard that a family in Canada went bankrupt because their mom had cancer? I am glad I don't have to run every medical thing through an insurance company and hope that the claim doesn't get rejected or the the co-pay is thousands of dollars. How many people are uninsured in Canada? I for one don't want to live in a country where people die because it is more important to cut taxes on services regardless of the human cost.

Yes you pay more tax in Canada. We get a lot more in Canada too. Education for instance...we have a much better education system. While the US pays more then any other country in the world on education it is lower middle of the pack in results. Want to send your kid to college or university in the states? You may end up paying several hundreds of thousands of dollars. Then there is safety net...ours is working much better so crime rates are much lower pretty well in every category compared to the US.

People live longer in Canada. Canadians are a lot happier then Americans simply because things are as they are supposed to be...and not f-ed up.

Edited by scuro2

23 minutes ago, scuro2 said:

People live longer in Canada. Canadians are a lot happier then Americans simply because things are as they are supposed to be...and not f-ed up.

Amen to this, the line between the haves and have nots is so far gone that its actually disturbing seeing how the nots are required to live. West Virginia, and the back country of South Carolina are on another level.