Won’t be long. Good bye hard water

captpierre

They hit ice estimated at 19 FEET thick just off Hope Island yesterday and this is the third coast guard ice breaker to try in the past month that has been unsuccessful at getting the grain boat out of Midland Harbour. It'll be awhile..

2 hours ago, irishfield said:

They hit ice estimated at 19 FEET thick just off Hope Island yesterday and this is the third coast guard ice breaker to try in the past month that has been unsuccessful at getting the grain boat out of Midland Harbour. It'll be awhile..

19 feet..somebody forget to turn off the freezer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Clear Lake in the Kawarthas and even though the lake has been ice free for several days the ducks still reside in my ditch. Guess the prefer to eat my lawn rather than what's in the lake LOL

001.JPG

I stopped at the Grand River Thurs to bug the shore fishermen and ladies and 1 fella told me was at the upper Niagara Wed and there is still some ice on the shoreline. I've seen ice at the upper Niagara at Buffalo in the boom they have to hold back ice the 1st of June one year. The folks in Buffalo were not too happy when they got a north wind. Brrrrr cold in June.

We have a lake on both sides of us today. With all the rain and Haldimand clay underneath the woods and small field are flooded and the Mallards and Mergansers prefer it than the lake. I found out something interesting a few years back when I complained about it flooding and then flooding us a foot deep. If the drainage line that starts on someone else's property and drains and exits under my property I am responsible to unplug it. That means I will have to dig it up and if need be replace the drainage line(s). What $$$??. If they get a permit to build then they are responsible for the drainage. It's only 6" in spots near the driveway today. Our new Wellies don't leak. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

41 minutes ago, David Chong said:

Atherley Narrows are open in Oriilia but the water is still cold and the perch are very slowly coming in! Was there yesterday and the surface temp was only 36 degrees F!

Was perching this morning. I watched the perch just look and go. They were not active at all. Need some sunny warm days.  I did find a huge pod. Had to well over 500 of 4-8 inch perch. Good sign

• Like 1