Canadian online boat & marine suppliers?

Hey guys, I've got a couple of boats I'm working on and I'm looking for Canadian online suppliers that have really good selection and reasonable pricing. 

I've found a really good supplier stateside that has literally everything under the sun, but the shipping costs are beyond foolish. I.e.: one $40 aluminum offset piano hinge costs $110 USD in shipping!!

Anyone know where I can get aluminum offset piano hinges or 3" wide aluminum piano hings so I can bend my own offset? I want hidden compartment hinges so the lid lays flat on the deck when open.

I need aluminum and brass drain tubes and flaring tools, blind pop rivets, gluvit, anti-fouling paint and epoxy coatings and fillers. 

My local marine dealer leaves a LOT to be desired and I don't want to drive 1.5 hours or greater to get what I need.

Amazon is hit and miss for product and prices can be absurd also.

Thanks in advance

Thanks guys. Looks like some good sources. 

In my own search, I found one that has a good online store and is out of Ottawa https://www.thechandleryonline.com/

I did stop by a well equipped store in Hamilton called Dowsar Marine but I'm not a fan of their online store. I will make that trip when I am dropping a bundle on the paint and epoxy products I need on my wooden runabout. 

6 hours ago, irishfield said:

Picture or picture of a drawing of what you're expecting with dimensions and how long??? Then I'll go look through my hangar stock...

Thanks,  that’s really kind of you. 

I’m using my phone so I’m a little limited. I’ll try and find a photo of what I’m after. Basically,  it’s a standard piano hinge with each flange bent at 90°. And I sense when closed it looks like two angle iron pieces back to back with the hinge spline on the top edge. 

This allows only the top spline to be visible from the top deck. I know I can use regular piano hinge and fasten it into the raw edges of the boards, however I’d much prefer to have the fastenings underneath the floor. I think some boat builders do this

Each leg would be 3/4 of an inch plus the spline, So only the spline and pin set at the floor/deck level

13 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

Thanks. This is the best site I have found for selection but this is the one that had shipping costs that were not Canadian friendly (or perhaps it was  just my order) 

I've had better luck calling and placing an order, then they can ship to suit your needs, and shipping conditions. 

S. 

• Like 1

This is probably the best one in Ottawa. I have found things here that I couldn't anywhere else local. plus, they have a pretty good website.

https://www.thechandleryonline.com/

As for Great lakes skipper. I am not sure how far you are to the border but when shipping is ridiculous, we usually ship to the border (myusaddress.ca) and drive over to pick it up. Most time, this is a significant savings because the places we ship to offer free shipping within the US. The place we use charges you $5.00 a package to hold it and is very well organized.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 11:03 AM, Lape0019 said:

This is probably the best one in Ottawa. I have found things here that I couldn't anywhere else local. plus, they have a pretty good website.

https://www.thechandleryonline.com/

As for Great lakes skipper. I am not sure how far you are to the border but when shipping is ridiculous, we usually ship to the border (myusaddress.ca) and drive over to pick it up. Most time, this is a significant savings because the places we ship to offer free shipping within the US. The place we use charges you $5.00 a package to hold it and is very well organized.

I ordered a few things on the weekend and got them already. Site is very good and fast shipping. Reasonable prices. Well packaged. I’m happy. 

I also ordered from GLS. I expect a little longer coming over the border. 

Im not too close to border so it’s mail for me but good to know

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

• 1 year later...

Because this is the best site I've seen for boat building supplies, I'm adding a llnk to this, unfortunately  it is NOT Canadian. I'm waiting to hear back if they ship north of the border and without UPS (short for ultimate Postal Scam).

https://tbnation.net/collections/shop

Edited by Hack_Fisherman