HOW ????????? Another personal DARWIN

misfish

It,s April once again and it,s time for my plate renewal and is also,  tax time. YEAH

Lets talk about the first part of this.  I did not receive my plate renewal form as I do every year through CP. Like everything else with this government, I thought they slipped up. No big deal,I,ll just head down on the weekend and get my sticker. As I already knew, it,s going to be on a Saturday, and there is only one place open and it would be packed. Quick skip to part 2. I decided to do the tax thang before heading out. Dosent take long for me. Whoop whoop, refund again $hing.  So in a great mood, I decide to go and get my sticker.  Yup,it was lined up. Buddy comes out and says not to worry,it is moving fast. Ya ok dude,looking at the 50 people line up. I stick it out and wait and wait and hey,it,s my turn. Head up to the friendly lady and proceed to tell her I did not get my yearly form. She types away and says, that cuz, you did not apply last year. WHAT??????? Yes sir, you did not get your 2019 sticker. I said,there is no way.  The friendly lady said there was no problem,she could still issue my 2020 sticker. Whew.  I  thank her very much, and head out, but I am still puzzled about this no sticker for 2019. I get to the truck to  paste my new one on, I see it. The sticker said 2018. My gawd,I went 12 months traveling here and there , fishing there and here, and never once thought I was breaking the law. 

I am one lucky DARWIN.:canadian:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm hanging a donut in the middle of your bumper next near, lol, that'll make them take notice.  Funny thing is I know I didn't ask for the form either last year and got my renewal by CP last week.

Edited by Fisherman
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

you must drive a pickup with the sticker on the front...cause if she was on the back, how in the heck did you not manage to have a cop behind you once the entire year.

I always keep them in front of me. LOL

I was wondering the same thing though. I did have an OPP on 26 coming from Meaford ,on me all the way to Collingwood.

Bro, that's why you were so lucky catching Whities this year:D Whitie Whisper to Plate Whisper:thumbsup_anim::D

You teached me how to catch Whities, now at 70 I may giver a go at the Plate thing:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I have all the arsonal for next winter Bro :thumbsup_anim: Lets hope the Whities didn't go to school not to go near that lure:D 

Headin out now for some Browns and shackin the winter dust off the boat:thumbsup_anim:

5 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Bro, that's why you were so lucky catching Whities this year:D Whitie Whisper to Plate Whisper:thumbsup_anim::D

You teached me how to catch Whities, now at 70 I may giver a go at the Plate thing:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I have all the arsonal for next winter Bro :thumbsup_anim: Lets hope the Whities didn't go to school not to go near that lure:D 

Headin out now for some Browns and shackin the winter dust off the boat:thumbsup_anim:

You picked a dandy of a day to get out brudder. Those baits will work come May. Bring the boat up and that other tag a long in your hood,and we,ll go catch some for the smoker.:good:

Don't feel bad. I drove a full year with an expired license and no sticker lol....had no idea until i went in the next year to get a new sticker. They tell me they can't renew it until I get an eye test because its been expired more than a year.....I was like "oh really".....LOL.....

S. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid and irresponsible I missed a few years getting stickers. But I always had a new one on my plate. Then I got responsible and had a pick up. Back then you got a new plate every year. I went and got my plates and found new plates on my truck when I went to switch them. There were 2 elderly ladies that drove a pickup and asked their nephew to change the plates on their truck. I guess he saw a truck in the underground parking and changed the plates. It took the MOT and myself a few days to figure it out. They never changed their address.

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Haha 1