Kawartha Sportsmen Show

GBW

I should be there Sunday morning.

I went last year and was impressed.  It was larger than I expected for the small town of Lindsay.  It's a small show so can do it in an hour or less.  It's much more than just a fishing show (I'd prefer to see more fishing there but that's because it's my main focus).  They have some hands-on stuff for the kids as well.

Edited by KawarthaAngler

5 minutes ago, misfish said:

Just like the ice fishing show here.  needs to grow.

Agreed.

I think everyone that attends shows has their own expectations because of what interests them or what they are looking for.  I think like the Barrie ice fishing one, it's a small market and area it appeals to ... so may be tough to grow.  But I hope they succeed.

I was recently talking to the marketing director for one of the large manufacturers of fishing gear and was told that they and other manufacturers are pulling out of setting up booths at the trade shows because there isn't the ROI anymore with everyone doing their own online research and looking for deals at the resale booths.  This person said they plan on partnering with some of the larger resale booths going forward.  I thought this was an interesting approach.

My son got down this morning and it was so cold and windy we decided to go over and check the show out, small but I actually thought it was pretty good! Some of the prices weren't as good as I had hoped. I was surprised to see a fire arms dealer from Bradford there, he had some interesting stuff. Had a great talk with Brook Schryer from the OFAH about invasive species, some good information!

14 minutes ago, Loonietoon said:

Thanks but due to a problem with my truck in for warranty work, rear end locking up they gave me a truck with no rear cover to protect my stuff. ☹️

That's too bad, maybe next year!! Always cool to see what others bring to these swaps! One man's garbage is another man's treasure! LOL

I went too and had lunch and walked around.  Some deals to be had but I didn't need anything so I went home with no new toys.  

One vendor was very pushy with telling me what I need and what I should like and be able to afford.  I was looking at Shimano product like I always do to be flogged a $90 combo at random and I do mean random!  

Those new jeep looking side by side's looked good (but not a Jeep product or street legal).  

All and all a decent show for the size.  

I found some good deals and got all new ned rig jigs and plastics plus some new xzone stuff...was also good to see people I have not seen for a while and for a while I was sitting with members of our bass club the Lindsay bassmaters also was chatting up with the guys from DT powersports about the new line of boats overall I thought it was a cool little show...

I got a good deal on a Fenwick HMG spinning rod.  I found an excellent deal (almost half price) on a Live Target top water popper (was in a sale bin). Also found some ZMan soft plastic I have trouble finding in this area.  

Depending on what you are looking for, there were deals on gear.  I almost walked away with another Zodias rod because the one BJ's had was discounted really good.  ;)

Edited by KawarthaAngler