Last kick at the can on simcoe

bobowski

I managed to get out on Simcoe yesterday for the last time of the season. It was a gorgeous day to be out on the ice. The shoreline was pretty much non existent but I managed to sneak my way on the ice. The ice was consistently 15-18 inches where I was fishing but the integrity of the ice was terrible. It was honeycombed almost all of the way through. Fished for about 5 hours having to move around 4 or 5 times until I found the bigger fish. Managed to keep 20 good sized perch for a few good feeds. I'm sad to see the ice go but now starts the count down until soft water. Hope everyone had a good ice season this year. Cheers. ?

20190401_122728_zpsz6wddih8.jpg

IMG-20190401-WA0016_zpsta2fy1jo.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-04-01-19-51-042_zpshzgqy

20190402_152732_HDR_zpskeqlx5lv.jpg

IMG-20190402-WA0011_zpsehqiywdf.jpeg

20190402_194619_zpskhy4tb6h.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, misfish said:

Nice, but lets get back to those wraps. How to cook and how long?  Look yummy. We all know, bacon goes with everything. LOL

I might get a last chance this Saturday.

Lay down strips of bacon and then lay strips of Perch fillets on top of the bacon. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roll up the perch and bacon strip and place a tooth pick through it to hold it together. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 mins at 400 degrees or until the bacon starts to crisp up. Optionally you can also baste with your favourite BBQ sauce half way through.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bobowski said:

Lay down strips of bacon and then lay strips of Perch fillets on top of the bacon. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roll up the perch and bacon strip and place a tooth pick through it to hold it together. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 mins at 400 degrees or until the bacon starts to crisp up. Optionally you can also baste with your favourite BBQ sauce half way through.  

Our go to lunch when on a fly in trip! Pickereye wrapped in bacon, smothered in Franks Hot sauce and grilled....

June can't come quick enough!

HH

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, misfish said:

Ah. I thought maybe there was some cheese in there. I like my bacon that way, but would probly have to half cook it for others.

Thanks

Cheese sounds interesting. I will have to give that a try this evening. 

6 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Our go to lunch when on a fly in trip! Pickereye wrapped in bacon, smothered in Franks Hot sauce and grilled....

June can't come quick enough!

HH

This is making my mouth water.