Too cool for me

wkrp

I find the price for these so called high end coolers a bit much for me. It is becoming the norm and every  cooler company is jumping on the bandwagon. Heck you can buy a home freezer for less than one of these  2 inch insulated plastic boxes. Rant over 

• Confused 1

Last Xmas my son in-law gave me a 26 quart "Ozark trail" cooler. Never looked up the cost; but it has to be the best coolers I have ever used. Last summer it road on the back seat of my 50 Chevy (NO air conditioning) on the way up to Elk Lake. I had it filled with different cheeses, milk, butter and whatever else and a load of ice from the ice maker from the fridge. A 7 hour drive and a couple of hours before getting to unpacking this cooler. Hardly any of the ice had melted and everything in the cooler was still nice and cold. The only thing about this cooler, is its weight; empty it weighs approx 16Lbs. From where or whatever that weight comes from, it sure is doing its job. Last winter Ice fishing we put our pop/mix in the cooler to stop the cans from freezing, LOL

Dan.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:13 PM, BillM said:

Waste of money.  Go look at some of the tests they do against a normal Colman.   Definitely not worth the $$$ in my books.

But is the Coleman bear proof...   ?

Edited by John Bacon