Cabo San Lucas pacific ocean fishing

leaf4

Chartered a 25' boat for me and the wife this morning, had a blast! Caught a bunch of Rooster fish and just 1 Mahi Mahi. Watching the Rooster fish take live bait at the surface is something I'll definitely be interested in doing again!

IMG_20190322_135006_670.jpg

IMG_20190322_133931_953.jpg

IMG_20190322_133300_713.jpg

IMG_20190322_140055_663.jpg

Screenshot_20190322-135740__01.jpg

Edited by leaf4

5 hours ago, BillM said:

Awesome!   How's the charter boat rate out there?  Reasonable?

It's all over the map here, I got a Panga which is a fiberglass boat with center console and an outboard, so nothing you'd venture offshore too far with, We trolled up the pacific coast for the first hour of the day, got some Mahi Mahi, and when we stopped at the spot we did we were right on a Rooster fish school, whipped out the live bait and watched them get crushed.

I paid $120 US, Plus you need your fishing license $12.50/person as well as purchasing live bait which varies on how much you need, we spent $20 and it got us some cut bait and 6 live fish and it was good for the 5 hours we chartered, the leftover was what we gave to the sea lion

Depending on how many people/what you're looking to fish for you can spend $1000/day as some of the people at my resort did lol. A bunch of the other charters I saw were in the $500 range for up to 4 people and that would be deep sea fishing going after marlin, tuna, sailfish etc 

Edited by leaf4

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Beauty fish.

Great shot of the seal.:good:

Thanks! The wife brought along her DSLR so we got a bunch of beautiful scenery up the pacific coast. The sea lions are marina regulars, them and the birds all follow the boats in as they get closer to the marina hoping for a snack lol super friendly.

IMG_20190322_140055_658.jpg

IMG_20190322_140055_661.jpg

DSC_8411.JPG

14 hours ago, captpierre said:

If those roosters fight as crazy as they look,  no doubt you had a blast!

They were great!

We finished trolling just prior to a school the captain had noticed, he hooked the live bait between the eyes and the mouth with a single hook and cast out, slowly trolling still and hookups ensued less than a minute later... Watching the fish zig and zag through the waves after the bait was wicked, and when we got them close to boatside they would drive down and peel line back it was crazy the power they had, we didn't measure or weigh them but the ones I got were in the 15-20lb range which is pretty small apparently lol

Edited by leaf4