Spring is here

ketchenany

1 hour ago, KawarthaAngler said:

On that warm day I already put my boat in the water, but then we had another short cold spell.  But not long now!  :)

Ice Boat.jpg

What a shame. I wouldn't mind a bass boat like that. It's actually worrisome to see this if someone is looking to purchase a boat. That thing could be cleaned up to look like new for some unexpected buyer.

Spring means for me to start getting firewood for next year - try to get it early so it has time to dry out over the summer - burned 5 full sized cords this past winter - all out of it now - once that is done then I can concentrate on fishing

2 hours ago, BillM said:

Word is the guy who owned that boat died and the boat was never taken out of the water. 

Real shame nobody could help the family out and pull those boats but I spose we don't know the whole story.

We always shot for April 1st for our first game of Golf, snow in the shadows of the Pines many times. If I tee up a ball and don't need to wear long John's it's spring. More than a few times we fished open water of the outflow at Nanticoke in March. I don't care what the calendar says if I can fish or golf then and only then it's spring. Or I should say we used to fish and golf. 

Open water here on Erie a few hundred yards from shore. A week ago it was solid to the horizon. I wonder how many are going through the ice this weekend? Hopefully zero but I doubt it. 

On 3/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, BillM said:

Word is the guy who owned that boat died and the boat was never taken out of the water. 

I was actually thinking that when I was posting.  There is usually a reason behind everything abnormal.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, jimmer said:

I was actually thinking that when I was posting.  There is usually a reason behind everything abnormal.

Yeah, I don't know anyone with that much $$$ invested in a boat that would leave it like that for the winter.  

18 hours ago, BillM said:

Yeah, I don't know anyone with that much $$$ invested in a boat that would leave it like that for the winter.  

Yes, very sad situation. However, I do see boats in driveways left uncovered all winter, which can be just as bad. I shake my head every time I drive by them.

Walked the yard on skunk patrol before letting the dogs out ,  shone the flashlight down at a bare spot and there was dew worms/nightcrawlers out at 5:45 AM, temp was 4.5 C, obviously didn't freeze last night.

update: 3-29 10PM , tons of them out tonite.

Edited by dave524

4 hours ago, dave524 said:

Walked the yard on skunk patrol before letting the dogs out ,  shone the flashlight down at a bare spot and there was dew worms/nightcrawlers out at 5:45 AM, temp was 4.5 C, obviously didn't freeze last night.

Ya, couldn't believe that either until I saw a robbin just a bobbin and crankin on a big dewey this morning.