Should Terry Get the Death Penalty

JoePa

9 hours ago, SmokestackLightnin said:

Lots of lakes have slot limits.

yes...I know there are slot sizes, but I have only heard of this for species like walleye/pickerel...ie fish that people actually want to eat. I had not heard of a slot size on bass before (there are really that many people wanting to eat them that you need a slot? gross). Also, why not choose a lake where there is no slot to have your tournament? Seems kinda dumb that a guy who catches 9 22 inch bass loses the tournament to some guy who brings in 5 18 inchers.  Lots about this seems weird.

2 hours ago, Rizzo said:

yes...I know there are slot sizes, but I have only heard of this for species like walleye/pickerel...ie fish that people actually want to eat. I had not heard of a slot size on bass before (there are really that many people wanting to eat them that you need a slot? gross). Also, why not choose a lake where there is no slot to have your tournament? Seems kinda dumb that a guy who catches 9 22 inch bass loses the tournament to some guy who brings in 5 18 inchers.  Lots about this seems weird.

Lake Fork is well known as a trophy size bass fishery and the slot limits are designed to keep it one, the thought is the 16 - 24 inch bass are the prime spawners? Even Ohio has slot limit lakes for bass, to encourage bigger than average size fish?

"

Black bass

For largemouth bass, length limit is a 16-24” slot. Bass 16 inches and less or 24 inches or greater in length may be retained. Only one bass 24 inches or greater may be retained each day. For smallmouth bass (if present), minimum length = 14 inches. No minimum length on spotted, Guadalupe, and Alabama bass (if present.) Daily bag limit for all species = 5 black bass in combination. "

Lake Fork rules, they apply to everyone?

Just a trim?  https://www.wired2fish.com/news/angler-charged-with-fraud-in-big-bass-event-on-lake-fork/#slide_1