Sportsman Show SoSo

captpierre

Checked things out today.  Seems to be less to see than last year. No smokin deals. Tried to buy a couple Honda Inverter Generators. 2200s. Buddy was willing to give me a whole 4% show discount. ?

Sat in on Big Jim’s seminar.  I do like his jigs.  Stocked up. 

7E188D4F-DD70-4D1B-9F64-7EC3A95ED890.jpeg

Edited by captpierre

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the boat show in Winnipeg, (used to be an all round fishing show with tackle booths and distributors) but this year there was only 1 fishing booth and they had little on the "show discount" available. Cabelas only sponsored a cooking demonstration and there was one spot 8 feet wide at the back of the booths, beside the food court (also 1 booth with cold hot dogs and pop and chips) for a guy to try to teach you how to use a fly rod and cast with it. there was also a small area where kids could practice throwing an axe. 

all in all it was a large disappointment. it cost 15 bucks a person . I spent 3 1/2 hours there, cost 16 bucks for parking at the site, so it was almost 50 bucks to see some fancy boats the average guy couldn't afford

Edited by grt1
to add location of show

Seems these things have become more about making money than anything.  I know a guy who owns a food truck and the food vendor prices are as much as $9000 for a 4 day outdoor event. I imagine it could be even higher for an indoor event.. throw in wages and health inspection costs and you have to sell a lot to make any profit..

I went to the bass masters show yesterday.  For $110 I walked out with a brand new Okuma leadcore rod, 2 shimano  ultralight reels that where like new for my perch rods, a bag full of anglers choice and fin S minnows, 2 dozen 5/8’s custom painted jig heads and my son got several jerkbaits and some frogs and soft plastics also.  Great deals in my opinion, and it was $3 to get in with free parking.