Antiguan adventures.

limeyangler

On 3/4/2019 at 11:20 AM, chris.brock said:

nobody is replying because we're jealous and have been freezin our nuts off up here, lol

nicely done Simon! it looks awesome down there

Thanks Chris,

I'm not to worried about the replies...lol...after all it took me a week to reply to this!

On 3/4/2019 at 11:23 AM, jimmer said:

I wish I would have been able to coordinate my trip to go at the same time as Simon!

That would have been cool. The random guy and woman in the video were actually a couple from way up in Northern Manitoba. The guy Chris contacted me via Youtube in the summer and we met up a couple of times while there, we plan to exchange summer trips in Dryden and Cranberry Portage in the years to come.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:18 PM, Headhunter said:

Always my favorite report of the year. i'd be hard pressed to ever leave that place!!!!

HH

I had a heavy heart leaving this year as most years, have made some good friends locally, the fishing is always an adventure and its great to see my mum and dad.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:48 PM, jerpears1 said:

Wow that looks like fun. Awesome vid.

Definitely FUN! No fish in these waters can compare pound for pound power. The rush of adrenaline when you get bit is actually physically exhausting! Never know what is going to end up on your line.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, msp said:

My wife and I got married in Antigua 20 years ago. Might have to go back to " renew our vows " aka hammer on some saltwater beauties

Thanks for the report and video

You're welcome. To be honest 'Hammering' fish there is not easy. I have locals and requests from all over the world asking where i'm fishing...lol....I have never been snobby or particularly protective of places i fish back home but I am very selective on sharing spots on the island, and you have to sign a non disclosure agreement if I do(jk)! I agreed to share spots with Chris from Manitoba was because he is a Wildlife Biologist and specializes in wetland conservation, something that the Antiguan government needs to do if there is going to be any fish left there at all. The Island is EXTREMELY developed and getting worse, the mangroves where I caught the big snapper in my previous video are being stripped as I type to make room for ugly shopping malls and condos, no more breeding grounds equals no more fish, whole eco systems are collapsing. SAD. If you do head back there I'll get you a few spots to try.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:32 PM, scuro2 said:

Best report yet...with the best fish. You have learned how to fish the south sea little grasshopper :)

Thanks Scuro, Been practising a while now:).

16 hours ago, tomkat said:

Hey awesome video! What are you using for your travel rod?

Its not actually a 'travel rod' per se, its a 2 piece, 7' St.croix, Heavy. Very good rod combined with a Stradic HG 4000 series. Might go up to the 5000 series to avoid being spooled again, lol.

13 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

man that snook was giving me anxiety jumping so much lol

LOL, tell me about it, I was just waiting for it to pop off the hook, I was using weedless swimbait hooks which are great but getting the hooks into a fish I find is 50/50.

Edited by limeyangler