Gull Lake Lakers

oldphart

I have been phishen up on Gull lake this past month with Haliburton Outfitters, up by Minden, and have yet to be shunked. Greg runs a great operation with great huts, I've had on Lakers, Whities, Walleyes, & Burbots,(ugly thing). losing some landing most. the cost is real low at $50. weekdays, & $55 on weekends. and if I may head up this weekend I'll be heading back up. Simcoe cost way too much, and with the season soon to close.

51 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Do they let you use 2 lines now on Gull? I know it used to be 1 but I can't read the new regs now. I've looked for about 30 minutes and I can't find anything.

That makes it easy to decide on baits. No live bait in the hut. LOL

Never ice fished Gull when dad had the place in Haliburton but we would get some decent Bows along with Lakers in spring where the river dumped into the lake, also got some bows in the river up by the dam in Minden, I swore they ran the river on a spawning run just like great lakes steelies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chris.brock said:

yeah, 2 lines is more fun IMO

All the natural reproducing lake trout lakes in Haliburton went to only 1 line through the ice and a slot about 15 years ago. I think the reason is to reduce the pressure on them, they get hammered pretty hard in the winter.

I always questioned the 1 line rule, because the limit is still 2 fish, so does it really make that much of a difference?