Oh my,the weather people were wrong AGAIN. LOL

misfish

Ya the weather was to be so TERRIFYING. Woke up at 4am heard the rain on the window. Back to sleep til 5:30. Look outside and said you buggers. Flags were limp. Grab my gear and get to said spot. South winds were called for, so selected a south shore spot. Ya the one that has not produced for me yet this year. Well wouldn't you know it,they were there, and wouldn't you know it, not a single sole out there. LMAO. There was little to no wind,a light rain for about 5 minutes the sun even came out for a spell. 
Walking in the snow drifts was a bit of a challenge. They softened up a bunch. Thankfully,my walk was not far.

Travel was to be light this morning. Toboggan,finder,rods and auger. Fish food style.   I got 4 hours in then the wind started. Home time. Fresh fish for dinner tonight again, and will share with my co-workers Monday.

Travel was light

US06qK2.jpg

Meegs was on fire again.:canadian:

38jvqy2.jpg

• Like 4

It has been howling here since very early this morning, supposedly a tractor trailer blown over on I - 71 and a ban on some high profile vehicles on parts of the Ohio turnpike. They were calling for wind gusts of up to 65 mph here, my vinyl siding is tell me about it! It was supposedly 56 degrees when I got up this morning, down to 39 now.

Glad to hear you could make it out Brian.

9 hours ago, Woodsman said:

Forecast was pretty close for where I am at.

Left work at 7 pm and there was a very stiff cross wind trying to blow me off the road.

Last 5 kms added almost zero visibility.

Still bad here.

It is a mess here in Barrie. Yes,the strongest winds I have ever seen here. It,s  great conditions to test yourself putting up a pop up hut. :lol:

Edited by misfish
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

Thanks for posting that dave, pretty incredible!

Really hits home as I've fished that wall many times south of the Peace Bridge for Pickeral and Trout in the spring and fall, sometimes winter even. Stunned at the speed it came ashore, I had envisioned it coming in much slower, that didn't leave anytime if you had to evacuate a home or something.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Really hits home as I've fished that wall many times south of the Peace Bridge for Pickeral and Trout in the spring and fall, sometimes winter even. Stunned at the speed it came ashore, I had envisioned it coming in much slower, that didn't leave anytime if you had to evacuate a home or something.

Yes that happened quickly! We used to cross into Ontario on the Fort Erie bridge and on our trips to the falls would stop and look at the river, a lot of current and with the extra wind push? Back in the 1980's we had a bunch of people lose their boat that were stored on cradles at an area marina in a river valley. One spring the ice let go and just pushed them out into a metal breakwall in the lake.

WHITE OUT - Our Marine Unit officers are out on Lake Simcoe responding to calls for service. They are advising that visibility is 10ft or less due to blowing snow. Avoid being out on or near the lake if possible. #ONStorm

you have got to me kidding me guys...use your brain. I love putting cop's lives at risk because you needed to catch a few whiteys...they should leave em out there. They are no doubt in huts and dressed properly, they will survive 24 hours.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

It was an interesting night to work last night, and an even nicer drive home this morning.  Last night we could barely see the road in front of us.  This morning wasn’t much better.  I stopped 4 times for cars and trucks in the ditch on the way home and still saw people driving way faster than they could ever react for the conditions.  And they wonder why they’re in the ditch.