PEI / New Brunswick fishing opportunities

fishdawg

Hey all, been a while...

Family road trip happening in August.  Was wondering what fishing opportunities could be available, preferably saltwater from shore? Dont really want to book a big charter. Possibly could be interested in maybe getting on a small boat or a couple hours of jigging perhaps. Staying a few days each in Sackville NB, and Sherbrook PEI.

Thanks!

Dawg

I will be there in August as well.. Usually when I go to Nova Scotia I fish off the wharf for flounder. I am bringing my fishing rod with me so I am also interested in places to fish at that time of year.. 

In summer months, it's all about timing.  Don't know if you could still get squid off the docks in August. That is a hoot in itself.  Find rivers and streams running into the ocean and fish the tidewaters in the surf. Ron Ferguson would be the only go to I have left on good spots down east. All the rest have passed on.

17 hours ago, fishdawg said:

Hey all, been a while...

Family road trip happening in August.  Was wondering what fishing opportunities could be available, preferably saltwater from shore? Dont really want to book a big charter. Possibly could be interested in maybe getting on a small boat or a couple hours of jigging perhaps. Staying a few days each in Sackville NB, and Sherbrook PEI.

Thanks!

Dawg

Are you just traveling and staying at hotel/motel or B&B out there ? Would like to hear how your trip went when you return.

1 hour ago, pics said:

I go to the grocery store to get fresh live clams. Use a good weight to get your bait to the bottom and the flounder will find it.. 

Do you drill a small hole to  put on the hook ?:lol:

Edited by misfish
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple years back we were in NB casting off the pier and catching mackerel on bare 3/0 chrome treble hooks. Put two on a line with a sinker and jig the line as you reel in. Lots of fun bringing two fish in at a time.

• Like 1