Spring Fishing Show or Sportsman Show?

captpierre

Enjoyed my day heading to the Spring fishing and Boat show. I drove up from close to Ottawa so stopped in at Pro Advantage on the way up and hit Bass pro on the way home.

They had almost every bass boat brand I could want to look at (Skeeter was there, but no bass boat) and quite a few dealers there showcasing new product with some sales mixed in here and there. Excellent way to spend a day dreaming on fishing.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:26 AM, Lape0019 said:

That is quite similar to what was there. Very nice rig. Just not what I was looking for. Most of the multi species boats there were aluminum so that one definitely stood out.

Yes, there was a Skeeter WX1910 there but Huntsville Marine does have a great deal on a Skeeter ZX225 if you're looking for a bassboat!

• 4 weeks later...

I found the show disappointing. There’s lots of great boats to drool  over and take Notes To modify mine  but I was hoping to find a few key pieces I wanted to pick up this year such as inflatable PFD‘s, tackle systems and some specific salmon lures,  but no such luck. I wasn’t really in the mood to shop so that might’ve been part of the problem. I didn’t see any great deals on lures anyway.

I probably should’ve gone to the boat show a few weeks earlier 

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

I’m finding the sportsman show to be more of a flea market now. Lots of junk for sale completely unrelated to outdoors. And even the outdoor stuff is either full retail price (when Sail does 15-20% off in the spring) or it’s bottom barrel stuff. 

Theres a couple useful booths and and I spent the better part of a day there. Just feel like it’s a big flea market now. 

Unfortunately these shows have become unaffordable for vendors so many no longer attend. There used to be a lot of good deals but that won't cover the cost of the booth.  The cannabis product booth was interesting..lol

For those of us who remember the Toronto Sportsmen Show and the original Spring Fishing Shows, today's shows will never live up to expectations. The cost of attending shows for outfitters, retailers & manufacturers have become cost prohibitive. They're still a great way to the juices somewhat flowing as we approach spring and ice out! Still, love the watching the dogs and the MNR exhibit etc.