T.O. airport hotel recommendations/NF

Old Ironmaker

My wife has a flight to her sisters place in the DR. Because it's an early flight and who knows what the weather will be I have suggested she get a room the day before. Do you folks have any recommendations for a hotel at a reasonable price, if there is such a thing these days? She departs from terminal 3. Thanks all.

Johnny D

My wife and her 2 girlfriends just got back from DR a couple days ago and they stayed at the Best Western Plus on Dixie Rd near the airport. She said it was a pretty nice place with 2 beds and was only $120 for the night.

They also provide a shuttle to & from the airport, included in the room price.

Edited by lew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lew said:

My wife and her 2 girlfriends just got back from DR a couple days ago and they stayed at the Best Western Plus on Dixie Rd near the airport. She said it was a pretty nice place with 2 beds and was only $120 for the night.

They also provide a shuttle to & from the airport, included in the room price.

That's a fair price Lew and the shuttle is a bonus. I found that earlier on Expedia, asking 139  today. I can negotiate.  Thanks Sir.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

They had to be at the airport for 5:00 for departure then didn't get back into T.O. till 2:AM at the end of the trip so they booked the hotel for both ends of the holiday so that's probably why they got the good deal.

It may have changed lately but we booked 1 a few years back and parking plus shuttle was incl in the room price. It was all just a bit more than we would have paid at park n fly. As I recall, you can get the places that offer a deal to show on Google maps. it was the Sandman we used.

Edited by SirCranksalot

Thanks all. Booked a nice hotel a few K's from the terminal including shuttle for 120 bucks. I was surprised 2 queen size bed room was 20 less than 1 queen. I will be booking any travel plans in the future. She could have flown out of Hamilton which is a 45 minute drive from us. Grrrrrr. Flying out of TO is going to cost at least $250.00 more with hotel and airport limo back to Hamilton and that doesn't include the time and cost driving on those 400 series Hell highways. With the 407 to the hotel maybe more than 250. Oh and a dinner out the night before. I hope there is a Mickey D drive through close by. This free trip to the DR is going to cost me big time. And I haven't even calculated how much a cleaning lady is going to cost before she gets home. A few of the boys are staying here for a few nights. They want to ice fish out back. I have caught some nice Perch here when we had ice. This is the 1st time in years we have had good solid ice. No open water as far as the eye can see on Lake Erie. 

edit: are you reading this Fish Farmer Dave? It's smooth too, no huge shore icebergs.

Thanks again,

Johnny D.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

2 hours ago, misfish said:

I have been told,flying out of Buffalo can save hundreds.

Buffalo is nice if you're travelling to somewhere in the US, as you go through customs at a land crossing rather than standing in line in the airport. However, it is a smaller airport and doesn't have many direct flights so expect to have a connection in there. Those commuter connections from a hub to Buffalo can be nice though, small planes and quick flights. 

Yes flying out of Buffalo is fantastic if you are flying within the continental U.S. Flights to the islands are few and far between unless a charter. When I was working for a living my relief came in an hour early on Thursday night shift. I could be at the Bflo airport and catch a 6PM flight to Sarasota or Ft. Myers and if direct Mom would have a late homemade dinner waiting for me at our condo. I never had baggage to check as I had everything I needed down south. That can save an hour or more. Dinner, a swim and to bed so I could be up early and hit Charlotte Harbor with a local friend I met that has a boat and fish the Mangroves in the brackish waters. I would fly back to Buffalo Monday and be in time to relieve at 6PM that night. Many times I got a free flight because the airline asked for someone to change their itinerary back. I was in no hurry to get to work. Another bonus flying out of Buffalo is overnight short term parking was dirt cheap. I paid as little as $99.00 for a flight to Fla. but not direct. The strangest flight from Buffalo was when the flight went to T.O. and then to Fla. I timed it, 12 minutes from wheels up to wheels down if I can remember that long ago. I once had a bonus of 2 extra days as Buffalo was snowed in. I called in and the schedule clerk wrote "Snowed in in Florida." My GF wanted an explanation. Duh!

We stayed at the best western on Carlingview. It wa a cheap $100 for a night. They didnt have extended parking though, they offer it but it was completely full. So gotta check the hotel to make sure they have extended parking. The best western was $12 a day for extended if they had availability.