Fishing Canada's Arctic Char.

Moosebunk

Just double checked with the journal to learn it has been over three months since last fishing.  Spent most of that time in Nunavut working... in plenty dark... and in plenty colder days than here at home, albeit I rarely ventured outside.  On shift and call 24/7 for a month on end, it's the quieter times some evenings and weekends that I gotta keep busy.  Creating some entries for the website was just one of those ways...

This bit of a report takes four excerpts from previous trips with one new entry as well, to basically highlight the five different times I have been fortunate enough to visit Nunavut through work and play.  Arctic char and those memories fishing are certainly a happy place to go, especially when the days are long away from family and fishing.  In this picture loaded write-up are two excursions to the Tree River with my wife Brenda, and three other work trips to Kugaaruk, Taloyoak and Coral Harbour found within different areas of Nunavut.  Some here may have seen a few of the char pictures before, but most have likely not seen them all together and accompanied by the best of the incredible scenery only the Arctic has to offer.  A click away if you're interested...

Fishing Canada's Arctic Char.

Next char report I'm hoping will come from one of three rivers on Victoria Island near Cambridge Bay.  If not there, it'll certainly be somewhere new.

Spring is fast approaching, in the meantime stay safe on the ice.

Bunk.

Edited by Moosebunk
  • Like 2