Attention: Members with Expired Navionics Chips

David Chong

On 2/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, David Chong said:

Nope, I have a couple cards on my Navionics account & one expired in 2015, I can renew it for another 12 months for $49.99 USD! Log into your Navionics account and select that card!

Ok thanks Dave. I think I might have it. Here is a screen shot.  This will update my current card?  And, I get the advantage of Navi and Garmin products?  Instead of updating my 2GB card online they will send me a new one? Thanks for answering these questions.  

image.thumb.png.4603e934aa396701999156d6879e5712.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharkbait22 said:

Ok thanks Dave. I think I might have it. Here is a screen shot.  This will update my current card?  And, I get the advantage of Navi and Garmin products?  Instead of updating my 2GB card online they will send me a new one? Thanks for answering these questions.  

image.thumb.png.4603e934aa396701999156d6879e5712.png

Yes, as Terry noted in the US the shipping is N/C but to Canada, there is a shipping charge. I do believe that Terry said that it ended up being $88.12 CDN when all was said & done!

12 minutes ago, David Chong said:

Yes, as Terry noted in the US the shipping is N/C but to Canada, there is a shipping charge. I do believe that Terry said that it ended up being $88.12 CDN when all was said & done!

My total was $88.56 CA, still a good deal.  Thanks for sharing Dave.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:53 AM, David Chong said:

Hey mamona, just heard back from them. Use the Chart Installer after you've logged into your Navionics account and as long as you purchase the 12 month subscription before the end of Feb. your 12 months will begin when your current subscription expires. Hope that this helps! 

Yeah, but I cannot renew through the app, unfortunately. If I understand correctly this is because of this weird 90 policy

Starting from 3 months before the expiration of your subscription, you can renew it through the Chart Installer. Just connect your card to your computer, launch the app, and follow the procedure.

Any idea how to take advantage of this promo? My card expires June 27th

On 2/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, mamona said:

Yeah, but I cannot renew through the app, unfortunately. If I understand correctly this is because of this weird 90 policy

Starting from 3 months before the expiration of your subscription, you can renew it through the Chart Installer. Just connect your card to your computer, launch the app, and follow the procedure.

Any idea how to take advantage of this promo? My card expires June 27th

Sorry mamona, I was at the Spring Fishing & Boat Show all weekend and at at the Lake Simcoe Ice Fishing Tournament! So if I understand you correctly, you can't even order a new card because your chip is not 90 days from expiration? 

Yup,it,s plug and play.

Want to thank David for posting this thread and the heads up for all of us to get upgraded, and to my buddy Terry for sparing an old chip and personally delivered it to my hut this morning .Plugged it in and presto bango,there I was,sitting in ???? fow (LOL ) Like I knew I was. :good:

• Like 1

Hey David,

I have an Elite 5 bundle Navionics, I got with my lowrance elite 5 unit. When I try to get the update it says  "it is not eligible for further update as it is expired" How do I proceed from here?

Rob C

Edited by Rob

20 hours ago, Rob said:

Hey David,

I have an Elite 5 bundle Navionics, I got with my lowrance elite 5 unit. When I try to get the update it says  "it is not eligible for further update as it is expired" How do I proceed from here?

Rob C

When you go to the Navionics site, sign into your account, click on the GPS Cards tab and you want to renew not update! Not sure why it didn't offer you the renewal when you tried to update. Also what type of card did you get with your bundle?

3 hours ago, David Chong said:

When you go to the Navionics site, sign into your account, click on the GPS Cards tab and you want to renew not update! Not sure why it didn't offer you the renewal when you tried to update. Also what type of card did you get with your bundle?

It came with the elite 5. I am able to use it with my helix 7 but want to update it. It is a micro SD that came with a SD and usb that the SD card goes into.