NF! Bell Lets Talk Day

GBW

What does #BellLetsTalk day mean to me…?
Well, I worked for Bell Canada for 4 years on the inbound sales team for residential services and I spoke to 100’s of thousands of people over that time frame. Yes, many ended up in the wrong department at times by not following the prompts but it was my job to help if I wasn’t able to provide to services. Many a time there would be callers I could not help because it was an issue I could not fix. But a few times a year I got calls from people who just needed to talk or vent and would not let me off the line till they have done so. Sadly (on more than one occasion) I had people with mental health issues asking me for help or they would harm themselves or worse, end their life. 
Mental health isn’t a stigma, it is real! Think of all the famous celebrities we have lost in the past 10 to 15 years due to mental health problems causing death? Now think of those like you and me that are not famous and can use some help? I bet the numbers are staggering those that go on quietly day to day that nobody hears about! Why? Because we (the many) are not famous, or notable to any outside our friends and our family. However, my absolute favorite actor of all time couldn’t battle it and win on his own so why should we?!?!? Robin Williams you were a true gem and sadly missed by many around the world.
Now all I ask is that nobody tries to go this fight all alone. Please reach out, talk to anyone. I’m just as guilty here so I need to re-read this and focus on me too and I have no shame in publicly saying so! 
Have a great day and know that it is NOT a STIGMA and YES there ARE people YOU can talk to! So please do! 
#BellLetsTalk #ItsOkToTalk #MentalHealth #StopTheStigma #HaveAGreatDay#HaveaSmileOnMeGBW

24232632_10155603018771253_8716171128795465676_n.jpg

• Like 1