Bell expressvu rant! - No more WFN! Sort of NF!

Rattletrap2

On 2/4/2019 at 11:01 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

DAYUM!!!!!

I have the basic and my 6 theme packs add up to 57 more channels all for 92.50 + GST per month.

OOPs, not Basic it's Digital  Standard (111 channels) + my 6 theme packs for another (57 channels).

Yours is a legacy package Bell hasn't sold in over 8 years.  Trust me they want you to change to a new package!  LoL  If you make a change it's gone for good so don't do it!!  

Smitty, I don't know what torrents is, need to google it. Not enough band with the xplornet we had there wasn't enough  to support  through the Laptop. Maybe now with the new modem. I have been to friends out here that had Netflix or something it was crap trying to watch, that circle was rotating endlessly. I'll ask my pals 17 year old whiz kid. If online TV is available here he will know.

Thanks/Johnny D

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I am reading everyone's pain. I live 15 minutes from Lindsay and can't get high speed through our phone line. Dial up only and that doesn't work half the time.  Our phone keeps kicking in and out, can receive calls, but can't call out.  I have eliminated all our phone lines in the house and have one phone hooked up to where the line comes in the house trying to figure out the problem. Have had Bell out about a year ago and they didn't solve the problem. Have them coming again tomorrow and hopefully they find the problem this time. We have contacted numerous wireless companies and all want $1000 to put in a tower, not happening without guarantees, which they won't give. My neighbors have xplornet and they say it stinks most of the time.

We are getting ripped off in Canada.

My folks are in the Kawartha's closer to Lindsay and also have xplornet.  They don't have many complaints maybe during a heavy downpour.  Can't speak to it during the winter as they are snow birds, living the dream.  We cut the telephone cord for them and got them the Magic Jack that hooks up to your computer, assigned a Toronto area number, saves a ton of $$$ also when they go down South in the winter because its a local call for us.  Look into it.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:23 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

Smitty, I don't know what torrents is, need to google it. Not enough band with the xplornet we had there wasn't enough  to support  through the Laptop. Maybe now with the new modem. I have been to friends out here that had Netflix or something it was crap trying to watch, that circle was rotating endlessly. I'll ask my pals 17 year old whiz kid. If online TV is available here he will know.

Thanks/Johnny D

We did the torrent thing for years before we went KODI and lately an Android box and a IPTV suscription, best site we found was EZTV for torrenting. The good thing with a torrent is no buffering if you have a slow connection because the whole show is on your computer before you watch it, just make sure you get a vpn,  UNLESS YOU LIKE THREATENING LETTERS.

3 hours ago, dave524 said:

We did the torrent thing for years before we went KODI and lately an Android box and a IPTV suscription, best site we found was EZTV for torrenting. The good thing with a torrent is no buffering if you have a slow connection because the whole show is on your computer before you watch it, just make sure you get a vpn,  UNLESS YOU LIKE THREATENING LETTERS.

Yea a vpn is critical, plus unlimited bandwidth is handy when you start downloading hi-def 1080p movies at 7-10 gig each.

Cheers

On 2/11/2019 at 4:10 PM, jimmer said:

I am reading everyone's pain. I live 15 minutes from Lindsay and can't get high speed through our phone line. Dial up only and that doesn't work half the time.  Our phone keeps kicking in and out, can receive calls, but can't call out.  I have eliminated all our phone lines in the house and have one phone hooked up to where the line comes in the house trying to figure out the problem. Have had Bell out about a year ago and they didn't solve the problem. Have them coming again tomorrow and hopefully they find the problem this time. We have contacted numerous wireless companies and all want $1000 to put in a tower, not happening without guarantees, which they won't give. My neighbors have xplornet and they say it stinks most of the time.

We are getting ripped off in Canada.

Low and behold, a Bell technician came out yesterday and solved our problem by replacing a few external components that had aged over the years.

Hey 

For some of you Rural guys out there sick of high priced Bell Turbo Hubs because the Bell  phone lines are so old they do not support ANY internet - You need to check out The Source - they offer the exact same Turbo hub as bell for a 1/4 of the price.

The Source store - owned by Bell - sells a very secret Turbo Hub service they do not really want anyone to know about so there is No published information on this. They only offer it so they can claim to CRTC and CCTS that they are offering Rural Canadians an affordable wireless home internet plan.

You have to ask a store employee for it. There is no written material on the rate plan, the guy will write it on a scrap of paper and hook you up.

It is only supposed to be sold for certain Postal Codes but that can be fudged.

100GB of data for $75/Month 

Still not unlimited but better than the $300-$400 overage charges that can be rung up on the Bell Wireless home internet hub on their "stepped plan" 

GL MIKE

14 minutes ago, Reelpro said:

Hey 

For some of you Rural guys out there sick of high priced Bell Turbo Hubs because the Bell  phone lines are so old they do not support ANY internet - You need to check out The Source - they offer the exact same Turbo hub as bell for a 1/4 of the price.

The Source store - owned by Bell - sells a very secret Turbo Hub service they do not really want anyone to know about so there is No published information on this. They only offer it so they can claim to CRTC and CCTS that they are offering Rural Canadians an affordable wireless home internet plan.

You have to ask a store employee for it. There is no written material on the rate plan, the guy will write it on a scrap of paper and hook you up.

It is only supposed to be sold for certain Postal Codes but that can be fudged.

100GB of data for $75/Month 

Still not unlimited but better than the $300-$400 overage charges that can be rung up on the Bell Wireless home internet hub on their "stepped plan" 

GL MIKE

This is great info.

Wonder if it's available up here in Yellowknife.

We do have a Source store. ?

49 minutes ago, Reelpro said:

If you have Bell cell phone service then probably yes

Any cell phone towers up there yet ?

I used to live in Elsa Yukon we had none there then.

I get full bars out @ my cabin.

Bell network. 

All communities now have cell service. The space in between the communities, nope. 

I'm lucky as I built my cabin high on the property so I would have a good South facing view for cell and sat service.

Further down the hill it peters out. On my dock I have no service.