Stoco Lake Ice Fishing Crappie Tournament

DJGeneral

Thanks guys for wishing me good luck,

Well it was a cold day we got on the ice and set up our shack and started rigging up our rods

no holes couldn't be drilled until 8am so me and my partner had breakfast and some coffee 

once the clock struck 8am it was go time we drilled about 15 holes and got right to business

my first drop down the hole and i had my first crappie on i thought to myself today might just be a good day

and it turned out be just that we ended up with 15 crappies by 1 o'clock and weigh in was at 2 o'clock

we sorted our crappies out and put together the biggest 10 for the weigh in oh i forgot mention i also caught 2 very nice walleyes so we make it back to shore and weigh our ten fish 6.46lbs not bad we thought and said to ourselves we might just be in the race

we pack our stuff in the car and head inside for the ceremony we sit there patiently waiting of our names will be announced

Well from 5th place to 2nd place we didn't hear our names but we did get to hear our opponents weights which were all under ours it was then we knew that we actually won this thing!

It felt great hearing our names announced as winners and even better knowing that me and my buddy will be taking 600$ a piece home! It was a fun exciting and amazing weekend winning my First ever ice fishing tournament

0.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@DJ, before I forget, if you have free time can you send me a PM about Stucco lake. Not looking for hot spots or anything but I have been meaning to fish that lake for about 3 years now for crappie either spring or through the ice. Seems like you have em dialed in. If you are willing to share tips on what worked for you I would be super grateful. Again, I know its  a big ask so if you don't feel comfortable no worries.