Toronto Boat Show

David Chong

If any board members are planning on coming down to the Toronto Boat Show please drop by the Skeeter/Yamaha booth and say hi!

If you happen to be down on either weekend, U will be putting on a presentation/seminar about the Skeeter Bass Boats & Bass Fishing at 11:00 AM each Sat. & Sun. in the Skeeter/Yamaha booth! If you managed to catch one of my session, please identify yourself as a board member & I’ll have a prize for you!

During these sessions we’ll talk about bass boat essentials, Garmin Panoptix, Navionics products and any bass fishing techniques that people want to talk about! Hope to see & meet many of you there!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HTHM said:

$20.00 admission is fine but add $18.00 parking - too rich for my blood. 

Actually during the week if you go after 5PM it’s only $5! As far as the parking goes, I’m not 100% sure but I’m pretty sure that someone had told me that outside parking was also Discounted after 5PM

David... It was a pleasure chatting with you today..  Great day at the show as every year..  Wish I had known about the seminars beforehand, really need to learn more on Garmin's Panoptix..   So looking forward installing/running all my new Garmin gear on the boat this year.. 

Thanks for all your knowledge and tips..

Bill

• Like 1

Just now, tizfun said:

David... It was a pleasure chatting with you today..  Great day at the show as every year..  Wish I had known about the seminars beforehand, really need to learn more on Garmin's Panoptix..   So looking forward installing/running all my new Garmin gear on the boat this year.. 

Thanks for all your knowledge and tips..

Bill

No problem, we definitely could have talked a little more about Panoptix! Next time! 

22 minutes ago, KawarthaAngler said:

Hope the presentations go well.  Thank you for coming to Peterborough for the Ice Clinic.  Even though attendance wasn't what it should have been, Wil, Jim and you did a great job of sharing techniques and best practices.  Much appreciated.

No problem, glad that you enjoyed it and took something away from it, not just the door prizes! LOL Small group but everyone was engaged which is great!

Seems like the prices of boats has gone way up....Was looking at 18' aluminum boats from all major brands (Lund, Crestliner, Alumicraft, etc). All the boats in the 18' range were north of $60,000.....And obviously higher the bigger the boat got. Makes it hard to buy a new boat now. Boat costs more than my vehicle lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tjames09 said:

Seems like the prices of boats has gone way up....Was looking at 18' aluminum boats from all major brands (Lund, Crestliner, Alumicraft, etc). All the boats in the 18' range were north of $60,000.....And obviously higher the bigger the boat got. Makes it hard to buy a new boat now. Boat costs more than my vehicle lol. 

A major issue currently especially for us in Canada is that the US has applied tariffs on Alunimum & such coming from Canada and then our Fed government in response has added a 10% tariff on boats coming into Canada! So we get it from both sides!

7 hours ago, David Chong said:

A major issue currently especially for us in Canada is that the US has applied tariffs on Alunimum & such coming from Canada and then our Fed government in response has added a 10% tariff on boats coming into Canada! So we get it from both sides!

Ya that would do it. Hard to justify $60,000 for an aluminum boat. Most of them were actually $65,000 and thats without freight, PDI and tax. So Id imagine well into the $70,000's once all thats added. And this isn't really a fancy boat by any stretch. 

Edited by Tjames09

15 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

They both cost more than my house, crazy . ?  '82 I bought an 18 foot Sylvan Rodmaster, 90 Johnson and trailer for under 10 with tax.

Hopefully the prices keep rising on bassboats, keeps inflating my 20 year old boats value every year.  I paid 10 k almost 15 years ago.  I can get alot more then that now.

100 k for an new boat is just insane.  Only the rich can afford the depreciation on that.

24 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Hopefully the prices keep rising on bassboats, keeps inflating my 20 year old boats value every year.  I paid 10 k almost 15 years ago.  I can get alot more then that now.

100 k for an new boat is just insane.  Only the rich can afford the depreciation on that.

Well, Chris J the used boat market has also gone crazy because of the new boat prices! You’re in a good position unless of course you have to buy another boat! LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Chong said:

Well, Chris J the used boat market has also gone crazy because of the new boat prices! You’re in a good position unless of course you have to buy another boat! LOL

Ya I imagine the used market went up with it. A new Lund Tyee is $98,000 lol.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tjames09 said:

A new Lund Tyee is $98,000 lol.....

Hard to believe prices have risen so much in the last few years. 

Just 10 years ago I  bought a new glass Skeeter with a 150 Yamaha, on a trailer, and I even had them throw in  a custom made fully enclosed stand-up up top & stainless prop all for $32,000. 

001_1.jpg

• Like 2